Author Topic: Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship  (Read 280 times)

Offline huge_dave

• View Profile
Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:54:20 am »
Hey guys, I applied for the apprenticeship with citijet i seen advertised in the newspaper. I'm after getting an e-mail saying that i've to attend an aptitude test this tuesday...
Have any of you guys ever been in a similar position, like what questions can i expect in the test etc. ??

Cheers
Dave  :Oo:

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
Re: Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »

Well Huge Dave, congrats on the interview. As no one else has bothered to respond yet heres my tuppence. The answer is I cant help you cos Im not an engineer but Im sure someone on here can answer your query. Like most interviews for anything however, you will get asked certain stock questions about your qualifications, your interest in the job, the personal qualities you can bring to the post, etc, etc.

The best bet is to stay calm and ask a few relevant questions of the panel at the end. They will expect you to know about the company too, so the more info you can get on that the better. If you can show that you know as much as possible about the post, the company, its history and aims and objectives you will do ok. :airforce_cool:

Offline Stanly

• View Profile
Re: Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:26 pm »
Well done and I hope you succeed in your chosen career. As this is an aptitude test and not an interview, you can look up some stock tests on the web - they are designed to see whether you have the aptitude to do the job and test your line of reasoning  and ability to problem solve. It's a while since I was actively involved in them, but they are nothing to be afraid of - just try to think your way through what is put in front of you and follow the logic. (You could even be cheeky and e-mail them asking if they have any sample tests............)

Hope it goes well.