Author Topic: Ryanair not allowed use hanger  (Read 541 times)

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
Ryanair not allowed use hanger
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:07 pm »
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this decision was wrong, preventing ryanair using a hanger that is practically empty?

:airforce_huh:

Offline Snapper

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ryanair not allowed use hanger
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this decision was wrong, preventing ryanair using a hanger that is practically empty?

:airforce_huh:

No.

As usual O'Leary is using the slavish Irish media to push his agenda - do you really believe he's telling the full story?

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:10:19 pm »
Not sure about the full story its the 300 workers who would have gotten jobs i'm really referring to .

Offline corkspotter

• Screener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:37 pm »
Evening all,

I'm sure O'Leary isn't telling the full story, but if Aer Lingus aren't using the full potential of the hanger, what harm!!

Paul

Offline Snapper

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:29 pm »
O'Leary says he's going to create 300 jobs and uses that to try to blackmail the Government & the DAA to get his own way and probably expects the Govt. to pay Ryanair to take over Hangar 6.

The media here swallow Ryanair's waffle every time, hook, line and sinker and there is never any real analysis or criticical examination of his claims by them.

Snapper

PS I am no supporter of this bloody Govt.  >:(

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:46 am »
O'Leary was on the Last Word last night and Matt Cooper challenged him about converting the hangar into a low cost terminal, he said he offered a written guarantee it would be used for maintenance only and told the government to call his bluff on the matter.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Shamrock145

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:35 am »
O'Leary was on the Last Word last night and Matt Cooper challenged him about converting the hangar into a low cost terminal, he said he offered a written guarantee it would be used for maintenance only and told the government to call his bluff on the matter.

Actually Frank, that's not quite what he said. The form of words used did not preclude other uses, and sure once he has the foot in the door who knows what'll happen!

A discussion on another board, mentioned that the term of the current "rent free" lease on the site where the Ryanair HQ currently stands is nearly up, so Hangar 6 with it's large office space would be attractive to Ryanair. Another poster suggested Aer Lingus may also be considering moving their HQ into the office space.

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 10:27:21 am »

Actually Frank, that's not quite what he said. The form of words used did not preclude other uses, and sure once he has the foot in the door who knows what'll happen!

A discussion on another board, mentioned that the term of the current "rent free" lease on the site where the Ryanair HQ currently stands is nearly up, so Hangar 6 with it's large office space would be attractive to Ryanair. Another poster suggested Aer Lingus may also be considering moving their HQ into the office space.

I dunno, that's what it sounded like to me although in my defence at the time of the interview I was flying low along a motorway in a convertible with the roof down!
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com