Author Topic: Civil Fouga?  (Read 651 times)

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Civil Fouga?
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:09:55 pm »
I recently learned that their was/is a civil Fouga in ireland? Anyone know the story of this one? I think reg was EI-BXO?
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Fouga

Civil Fouga?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:15:15 pm »
Correct, Here ya go............

http://flyinginireland.com/eireg.php?Registration=EI-BXO

Still Airworthy i wonder? ?

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:39:48 pm »
interesting!it looks well maintained anyway from that picture!it looks like a show aircraft but its the condition under the skin that matters!
above and beyond

Offline Silver

• View Profile
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 01:44:40 am »
Pity he doesnt paint it in AC Fouga colours and display it at airshows??

Offline pym

• View Profile
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:21:46 am »
This aircraft was brought up for discussion years ago. From what I remember, the IAA has a serious problem certifying aircraft of this type and it has thus spent most of its life in this country sitting in a hanger. Shame really. I miss the sound of the old Fouga's. But this also explains why there are no other aircraft like Magisters or L-39's on the Irish register.

Whether this is simply a beaurocratic slowness - I'm a dubious. I doubt the Defence Forces like the the idea of civilians owning faster, more capable aircraft than the Air Corps.

Anywho....

Fouga

Civil Fouga?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 02:35:21 pm »
Quote (pym @ 04 Jan. 2007,21:21)
I doubt the Defence Forces like the the idea of civilians owning faster, more capable aircraft than the Air Corps.

Or tanks for that matter.........

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:42 pm »
Hi all
Simple answer: the IAA have no protocol for ex-military aircraft.That's what they told me, at any rate.There is at least one, if not more, ex-military heli operating in the Republic, on someone else's registry.They have concerns about ex-military jets from the operational safety point of view.On the whole, they would rather not have them about.
There are several civil-owned tanks and AFVs in the country, including an AML-90, owned by a member of the DF.there are also a few ex-DF trucks and jeeps. As long as the gun/s have a legal deactivation certificate, they can be legally bought and driven here.Jets may just take a little longer to get through.
regards
GttC

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:37:06 pm »
I believe no more Fouga's can be registered in France on the civil reg. Spares are getting hard to get and no backup from the factory for maintenance and engines anymore. Maybe possible to register one in the UK? At least 2 were on the UK reg in the past.
www.fougamagister.be

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:06 am »
EI-BXO was owned by Gerry Connolly, Avair founder. Aircraft is believed currently stored in the Dublin area.

How many of you noticed the photo of the Potez-Heinkel Magister CM-191 in the photo database ? It's very much a 4 seat civil Magister !

Sometimes referred to as the "Four Seat Fouga" or the "Magister 3". Only 2 were built.

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:11 am »
It might have helped if I had included the URL :

http://www.irishairpics.com/databas....imit=10

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Civil Fouga?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:08:17 pm »
WOW, I had not noticed that picture yet :-) The one that never flew is in the German Sinsheim museum, the protoype that flew is for sale in the usa! www.heinkeljet.com
www.fougamagister.be