Author Topic: Fouga '216' and AIII '202' off to new homes!  (Read 586 times)

Offline Silver

• View Profile
Fouga '216' and AIII '202' off to new homes!
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:41:32 pm »
I read in the current 'Flying In Ireland' that Fouga '216' (formerly on loan to Cork University but "abandonded" at Cork airport) has been renovated and will go on display at Collins Barracks Museum in place of the viking ship (which is currently sailing home to Denmark). There is a photo of 216 on the rear of an Army DROPS truck awaiting delivery to the museum.

Good to see '216' back in tip top shape and on display to the public!

The magazine also mentions that Alouette III '202' is being donated to the Ulster Aviation Society/Museum.   
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 05:44:09 pm by Silver »

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Re: Fouga '216' and AIII '202' off to new homes!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:42:27 am »
Hi there
I've just read that bit about the disposal of the Alouette.I'll scream if I ever read again that 202 "ditched".That suggests that it involuntarily ditched in the lake as if there was no other option.That is not the truth.The aircraft rolled off a very small pier,(upon which it has no business being, as there was no call for it to attempt to land there) as there was only room enough for two wheels to make contact.Ask one P.Buggy.He was the crewman and was injured as a result of a stupid accident.The whole incident was witnessed by a wedding party at a lakeside hotel, as the pier was hotel property.
regards
GttC >:(