Author Topic: March 1st 2012 the Air Corps looses a 'few good men' (Air Corps Memories)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
Today marks a sad day in the Air Corps history. With the public service pensions deadline reached many have jumped ship from the Air Corps and Defence Forces as a whole with many more to go despite the deadline.

But rather than harp on about these hard times I'm hoping exer's , serving members (be sensible) and joe public can use this thread to share happy and funny memories of the Air Corps, wheather it be a funny incident in the hanger or where you a spectator at an Air Spectacular?

I myself have many many memories spanning over 25 years but I'd like to open the floor to yours.......

:airforce_wink:

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
OK ML, here goes:
Starting the Provost
As you all know the Provost had a cartridge starter. One morning the Schools FI was taking a young 2nd Lt on a two ship formation exercise.
The FI started up his Leonides engine first go, but the 2nd Lt had problems firing up his engine.After about the fifth attempt (and with all the problems associated ) the Schools CO, whose office was in the "old Aer Lingus building on the Ramp" sent out his corporal with the message........."Tell the pilot that if he stops shooting I will come out with my hands up"

Tony K

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
Brilliant Tony!!!  :rotfl:
I remember cartridge starting a Chippie in Gormo and the Bert telling us it was the last one (cartridge) and if didn't work we'd have to hand swing it  :jaw-dropping:
It did work :applause:
I since found out he had loads of them in his office .....in a box and the radiator , keeping them dry  :yikes: