Author Topic: Joe Cronin RIP  (Read 974 times)

Offline dinger dwyer

• View Profile
Joe Cronin RIP
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:31:28 pm »
hi
Just to inform anyone who dosnt know that Joe Cronin -36th apprentice class, died suddenly on Sunday after completing a 10k run in Dublin. Joe was late of Heli flight and Airmotive and will be sadly missed by all his many friends and past comrads.
On behalf of all the members I would like to convay our condolances to Joe's family.

Joe RIP.
dinger

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
Joe Cronin RIP
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:46:15 pm »
Remember him well. Himself and the brother and Jack Power, all the same class  brought me to Croke Park for the first time for the All-Ireland Hurling Final 1973, the year before I joined.

Always cheerful and always said hello.

God rest him. RIP

Offline papa 242

• View Profile
Joe Cronin RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 05:28:37 pm »
Just came on shift today and Finbar told me about Joe!
What a sad,sad loss.I had the pleasure of training Tony and J oe on SAR in Helis.The most Dissimilar twins I've ever met!!
they were great craic!Mad as a brush,the pair of them.Always trying to wreck the place...horsing around!!One weekend on duty they broke the sofa in the crew room,when I saw a footprint about six feet up the wall I knew immediately who was on duty!!!
To Joes family and to Tony, our deepest sympathy.
He will be sadly missed.
Papa 242

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Joe Cronin RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 10:00:40 pm »
Amen to that, guys. I remember the two brothers before they left-didn't they go out to Iran and sent home recordings of the revolution when the Shah was usurped? I bumped into Joe a few years back in Sixmilebridge at a wedding of a lad who had left BA and went to work at Shannon. We had a good old talk at the bar, I was surprised that he remembered me! Very sad to hear of his passing.

Offline papa 242

• View Profile
Joe Cronin RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:49:14 pm »
Hi John.
You're right,they both went to Iran to a base on the russian border.Years later I was talking to one on the French pilots at Aerospatialle.Marignan who said he had worked there as well.When I asked him if he remmembered Tony and Joe,he laughed and said "of course,They were there six months before we knew they were speaking English!!!!"