Author Topic: Uploading photos to database  (Read 344 times)

Offline thurian

• View Profile
Uploading photos to database
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »
Hi all, I'm a newbie to this site. Can anybody tell me how long it takes photos to go tru screening and is there any way for me to check their position in the queue?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Re: Uploading photos to database
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:34:31 pm »
Usually 5 to 7 days. Depends how busy screener is. Air show season may take longer as many more photos sent in.

System for checking photos in the screening queue under development & testing at the moment.

Joe

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »
Hi thurian,

Welcome to the website.

Whenever I get the chance I try to add more facilities & functionality to the website, one of the functions currently on the to do list is viewing the upload queue and your pending pictures.

Right now there is a test facility running that will allow you to upload pictures and see what pictures you have in the queue, their position in the screening queue is a function that has not been added yet.

It can take up to 7 days, sometimes more, for pictures to be screened, it depends on the time of year and it also depends on how much travelling I do but I try to screen pictures every day. If, as far as I'm concerned, you upload quality pictures every time or most of the time, your pictures will get added to the site quicker as there is less work involved with them.

I download most upload queue pictures to my pc and check them there, if a picture requires a small adjustment I will generally, but not always, fix it rather than decline it. However, if my time is short I will decline the picture rather than fix it but an email explaining why the picture was declined is always sent to the photographer.

If your picture is declined do not take it personally, read the reason for it being declined and edit your picture accordingly, if that is possible of course.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) have any questions regarding picture uploading & screening just ask, send me a PM with the name you would like to be displayed on your pictures and I'll set you up on the new system.

If any picture uploader who is a member of the forum is reading this post and they have not been set up on the new upload system just send me a PM and I'll set you up.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline thurian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:15:04 pm »
Thank you very much for the prompt replies,
Another question! I'm getting some nice shots(in my humble opinion :laugh:) but when I resize them/sharpen them etc they seem to lose some quality. I'm using Paint.net or Photofiltre for processing. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Offline corkspotter

• Screener
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 09:48:51 pm »
Hey thurian,

Welcome to the site. A popular photoshop to use would be adobe photoshop. You can get them cheap enough on e-bay. I'm using photoshop 7 at the moment and seems to do the trick, most of the time!!! Good luck with the uploads, looking forward to seeing them,

Regards,

Paul D