Author Topic: New Picture Database  (Read 225 times)

Offline Frank (Admin)

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
New Picture Database
« on: June 20, 2003, 01:15:16 am »
Hi Guys,

You may or may not have noticed but I've added a picture database to the gallery sections of both the Air Corps and Helicopters sections of this website.

The reason for this is due to the phenomenal success of this website and the amount of pictures being submitted.  I've decided to set up a database where all the new pictures submitted to this site will be listed as it takes up too much of my time to be creating a new page for each new picture.  Also, because of this database, the submission to publication time is significantly reduced, as those of you who have recently submitted pictures will know.

I've added new pictures to the database, mostly of airliners as I've been out to Dublin Airport trying out my new digital camera, but there are also some new Air Corps pictures that have been submitted recently.

I've also started to transfer all the pictures on this website to this database. What this means is that you, the user, will be able to better narrow down your selection of picture without having to browse through numerous galleries.

Now this database is still being set up and it is being refined as I go along, but never the less it is working.  Pictures are displayed newest addition first, while the older pictures already on IrishAirPics.com are displayed last.

Click here for the IrishAirPics.com Picture Database

When you visit this page you will see a picture count, this count is take directly from the database so it is 100% accurate.  Right now as I post this message the count stands at 155 different pictures.

Please give me any feedback you may have or let me know if you have any problems using the database.

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for hundreds of Irish Aviation photographs

http://www.irishairpics.com