Author Topic: New pictures added to IrishAirPics.com  (Read 291 times)

Offline Frank (Admin)

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
New pictures added to IrishAirPics.com
« on: August 20, 2003, 04:11:33 am »
Hi Guys,

I've been busy working away at getting a proper picture database up and running and I've managed to get it finished.  I'll be tweaking it over the coming weeks and months but it's working.

I've decided to concentrate on just 3 different sections of IrishAirPics.com.....

The Irish Air Corps section,

The Irish Helicopters Section, and

The Picture Database

The reason for this is because I haven't got the time to devote to building proper information sections for Commercial, Corporate & General aviation, besides, these sections are covered very well elsewhere.

However, in saying that, it is still my intention to build up the largest collection of Air Corps & Irish Aviation photographs on the net, and that's where the Picture Database comes in.

I will still be fully maintaining the Air Corps & Helicopters sections, and these will still have their own galleries, information pages, links pages, etc, so you've nothing to worry about there.  The galleries in the Air Corps & Helicopters sections have more detailed picture search menu's on their respective subjects than in the Picture Database.

The Picture Database is purely for pictures, and in it you will be able to search for pictures in the following categories:

Irish Air Corps

Irish & Foreign Helicopters

Air Shows & Foreign Military Aircraft

Corporate & Commercial Aviation

General Aviation

You will now also be able to search for pictures by photographer.

On the Picture Database homepage you will see pictures of the 5 latest additions to the database along with the 5 most popular pictures.  Every picture in the database now has a hit counter so you can now see how popular your pictures are.  This counter is counting from 00:01hrs 20th August 2003.  This counter also works in the Air Corps & Helicopters sections.

A new feature of the new Picture Database is the ability to bookmark individual pictures, pages, searchs, etc, unlike the Air Corps & Helicopters sections which will always default back to their respective homepages.

I'll stop writing now, please try out the new database, and if you have any pictures you want included please use the link at the top of the  Picture Database homepage.  The  Picture Database can be accessed from the IrishAirPics.com homepage, the Air Corps & Helicopters homepages, and also from the Air Corps & Helicopters gallery pages.

The web address for the database is:  www.irishairpics.com/database

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for hundreds of Irish Aviation photographs

http://www.irishairpics.com