Author Topic: Bal Departure 7am? Foreign visitor?  (Read 582 times)

Offline pym

• View Profile
Bal Departure 7am? Foreign visitor?
« on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:43 am »
Just wondering if anyone would be able to let me know if there was a jet departure from Bal this morning - was just standing outside and saw a rather spritely climb out reminiscent of a fast jet. Could only see the lights. Headed west, at least initially.

Cheers

Fouga

Re: Bal Departure 7am? Foreign visitor?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:38 pm »
No reply to this one eh fellas?  :tounge:

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:23:03 pm »
Could well have been the Lear. It accelerates very fast,trust me!

Offline pym

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »
I should clarify - I'm to the west of Bal and can't see the airfield here, but am on a very busy stretch of airspace for the IAC - so familiar with the profiles of aircraft climbing out from Bal.

Saw the landing lights initially coming towards my direction and thought it might be the Casa, but what really got my attention was that it appeared to do a very fast shift south then a few seconds later resumed back west.

In a housing area so didn't want to go out into the middle of the road and gawk upwards only to have the neighbours look out and think they have a peeping tom! Also I was up to watch the F1 race from Korea  :blush:

It's possible I've misidentified some traffic from EIDW going an oddly circuitous route, but don't think so.

(When I say West and South, I'm giving ballpark directions, probably more WSW-SSE-WSW although don't quote me on that! Maybe I was overtired and overestimated the speed and given a casa driver a great laugh.. anyway..)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:31:46 pm by pym »