Author Topic: T-41 Mescalero book.  (Read 410 times)

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
T-41 Mescalero book.
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:32:16 pm »
Hello all,
I wish to shamelessly promote the following book, in which I had a very small hand.This is a fine book, written by Walt Shiel, Mike Little and Jan Forsgren detailing the history of the Cessna 172, in it's T-41 Mescalero form, and other variants as used by Militaries the world over.
The book documents the service life, past and present of the 172 in all it's many variants, as used by the USAF and US Army for flight stoodent screening and in the armed forces of the USA's many client states. The authors have extensively chronicled the service of the great Cessna on every continent, in it's American and French-built forms. I was certainly never aware that so many forces had used and continue to use the 172. The Air Corps gets a long feature about our armed 172s, including an outline of operational service by Capt. Eoin Marshall. The book is dense with detail, especially of the disposal of ex-military aircraft to civil clubs (now there's a crazy idea!!;)) and the fate and status of current 172 operators. This book is worthy of a place on any enthusiast's bookshelf, as it is a valuable history of one of the less-lauded greats.
It is available from the usual sources and can be seen at www.SlipdownMountain.com and www.T-41Mescalero.com

regards
GttC