Author Topic: Lockheed Constellation L749  (Read 359 times)

Offline yeehah1

• View Profile
Lockheed Constellation L749
« on: August 22, 2004, 03:27:20 am »
22-08-04
Guys:
First off, I want to thank everyone who has supported our squadron-prints project thus far. You guys are very generous and please keep the sales rolling in, both for the prints and Franks photos. I don't know what has happened to Bailer, who is providing prints of hte Fouga, the Dauphin and he PC-9, only that his prints were just about ready to roll.

Secondly: I had originally intended to do the Hurricane IIc next, but after a request from someone locally I have started to look at he possibility of doing a squadron-type print of one of the Lockheed Constellation L794's that operated here from around the late 40's or so.

There is some reference material out there and even a model kit in 1/72 ( to feed my OTHER obcession) but! I need some help.
I am looking for some scale drawings and photos, prehaps some in color, of one of these fine aircraft. This is for accuracy and to get an idea of the color scheme etc. Technical inforamtion and operation history while here would be good too.

If there is anyone out there with ANY information on this who could help, please contact me or PM me through the board.
You all helped make the Spitfire a success, I am hoping you can help with this too.
If I get enough of what I need, I'll produce a limited run print along the same lines as the Spitfire and it would probably be available through Franks web-site when ready.

This is still very much at the VERY early planning stages, so it'll be a few months before anything shows up.

Think there'll be an interest in it?
I was never much of a civil airline nut, so I am not really sure how to pitch this one exactly.
Please let me know what you think.

Liam

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 08:52:51 pm »
Yehaa,

there's a shop in Eindhoven, The Netherlands who is specialized in aviation items like patches, flightgear, books and plastic models.

If you're looking for something special have a look at: w

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Guinness :cool:
Guinness is good for you

Offline Irish251

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:18:32 am »
If you can trace any of the books published on the Connie e.g. the Ian Allan-published one by K Wixey), or indeed some of the ones (few, I know) published on Irish aviation history, these aircraft often feature.  If Aer Lingus still has company archives they should have photos too, I would think.  At one time they used to have stock shots of their aircraft types, current and past, so this might be an avenue worth exploring.

Offline yeehah1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 01:14:50 am »
Short Finals and Guinness: Thanks for the replies. I will make enquiries to Aer Lingus as suggested and see what happens.

I found the book by K. Wixey online and one or two others which I have ordered and are soon to headed my way and I think what I am looking for is contained within, however won't know for sure 'til they get here.

Will post progress as the project moves along.
While I am here, any requests for future prints?

Liam