Author Topic: finner air station  (Read 1971 times)

Online Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
finner air station
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 01:39:24 pm »
Quote (John K @ 14 Dec. 2005,10:03)
I was sitting in the little boys room having my 1/2 hrs peace and quiet, I heard the door open into the ablutions room but thought someone was going to have a shower. A few seconds later I heard what sounded like a strike of a match, then a thunderflash slid under the door, and a laughing sound dissappearing out of the room! BANG, I could hear tiles falling off the walls!
Ahhh, those were the days!

Best laugh I had all day, I can just picture that look of inevitability on your face during those few seconds waiting for the thunderflash to go off!
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 06:32:50 pm »
Ah John
Did the naughty man make you drop your "gentleman's periodical"?! Obviously, you'd nothing useful to do if you had half an hour to spare for some throne work.
regards
GttC 'pilot_laugh'

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
finner air station
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 09:47:03 am »
GttC, anyone who knows me, knows about my necessity for 1/2 hrs peace and quiet! I'm sorry for going off track, Frank, but whenever we used to do exercises with the Army, on the circuit over HQ,no matter how well camouflaged the tents were I'd always spot the latrines-the 'long drops', just a trench dug by a JCB and a plank with 3 egg shaped holes in it, surrounded by a bit of hessian for 'privacy'.
Back in '82-83 there was some Brigade manoeuvers down in the Shannon area. We put down on a hardstanding, that was a new estate, y'know how they do the roads with a turning circle at the end? Well that made a good helipad. I knew we'd got about 1/2 an hour on the ground before our next mission, so I said to the pilot I was going over to one of the houses for a dump. "You can't do that!" "Well I can't go here!" So I knocked on the door of the nearest (very upmarket!) house and asked if I could use their toilet. The family were more interested in what was going on with all the military activity, so by the time I'd explained, then they showed me the kharzie, I was in cold weather flying gear so that took ages to get off. I was hardly touching the seat when I heard that familiar BWHOOOOOOOOOO!....... "OH Fiddlesticks!".
During the snows of '82 we put down for directions in the garden of a mansion up near Ashford somewhere and I had to do what a man's gotta do! Same sort of reaction from the old couple to "Can I use your toilet?" from a bloke trussed up in full flying kit! Ahhh! Those were the days!

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 02:08:06 pm »
John,
What a load of .................Krap?
Happy Christmas
Tony K

Offline Tech Crew

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 03:15:43 pm »
John K

Was Seamas around in finner when you used to go. He was a 3* Private based in Finner who was a bit eccentric to say the least. He used to drop over to the Air Corps building to see were there any new personnel he hadn't met before.

His intro was "hello i'm Seamas" and it became a bit of a catchphrase amongst the lads. When he called over we used to tell him there was a new pilot he had'nt met before and send him upstairs. He'd seek out the fresh new 2nd Lt and latch onto him for the next hour. After he left a perplexed young officer would be asking us who the hell your man was while we cracked up!!!. In fairness he was a sound oul skin but a bit odd

Offline p.diddy.cool

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2005, 02:15:07 pm »
HOLY K, that man deserves a thread of his own!!

those imortal words.. HELLO im Seamus! (and ur saying .. DAMMIT now im stuck here listening to him for the next hour) and as u looked around the room u noticed the chairs that were full are now VACANT! FLASH BACKS!

OH and thats funny about the FLashbangs.... id love a few of them today...(might nake a call) lol

'thumbsup'

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
finner air station
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 06:43:05 pm »
Sorry guys I can't say I remember Seamus, mind you I do remember blokes used to get up and walk out of the mess whenever I walked in!

Offline SARMAN

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 08:59:28 pm »
You have not done a Finner detachment if you have never seen or heard "Hi my name is Seamus im from Donegal"

Offline matt_k

• View Profile
finner air station
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 04:19:09 pm »
I met him loads of times when I was in the RDF up at Finner. Apparantly he's a crack shot with the steyr (so I was informed by few lads from the 28th)!!