Author Topic: Scale model Fouga?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 12:30:21 pm »
can you get a conversion kit that would allow you to convert a stanard cn235 into a mp version!?
above and beyond

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 02:12:11 pm »
Hi all
That Puma was built for an Apprentice model-making competition by a member of the 47th, who now flies A320s for Aer Lingus.The competition was divided into non-AC and AC models.The actual winner was a beautifully-rendered A-1 Skyraider in the colours of a SVNAF aircraft, with the same man's Bell UH-1D taking second prize.Both made by a 48th Class apprentice.The AC model won the AC side and was retained in the cabinet in the school.
One point:the next guy who makes a model of an AC Fouga and paints it silver will be shot with a ball of his own s...! They were grey, not silver, not bare metal.The only unpainted surfaces on a Fouga were the radio aerials and the engine exhausts.
regards
GttC

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 03:55:06 pm »
GTTC, I thought the Fouga's were the same color as ours? i remember them from when they made a final display here in Belgium and also from pictures. Normal color is not grey but alluminium(not bare metal, but painted). Am I wrong?
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 06:35:51 pm »
they were grey but not as grey as the pc9s.they looked more silver because of the sun shining of them!if you look in the air corps picture book "the irish air corps celebrates 100years of flight you will see what i mean.there are pics of the fougas on bad days were you can clearly see they are grey and others were they look "silver".il look up the pages the pics are on when i get home and post the page numbers tomorrow!but they definitly not silver they are light grey!
above and beyond

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 12:13:54 am »
Hi Fouga23
They were a pale grey colour.I don't know what the Humbrol number.I'm sure some modeller will let us know.The Dayglo used to fade in the sun and the wind exposure and the belly was usually grimy from exhaust soot,leaked hydraulic fluid and ramp dirt.Some of the "dayglo" was more like red, because of the vagaries of the paint shop.
regards
GttC

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 11:10:22 am »
Hmm, that would make them another color then our Fouga's? Here are 2 pics of a Belgian one:
http://www.airliners.net/search....s=MT-35
I looked up the original painting TO and it says the paint should be "aluminium". when painted it looks like a dull alluminium (or grey) color. I'll try to find out the exect FS number of the paint.
www.fougamagister.be

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 12:25:47 pm »
above and beyond

Offline Hi Bypass

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 08:58:59 pm »
Thanks for the help so far guys.

Just to wrap things up does anybody know the Humbrol  paint numbers I need for a good Air Corps finish on this project?

Fouga

Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 03:27:06 pm »
i hope ul be showing us your finished piece?

Offline Hi Bypass

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 09:09:16 pm »
I'll try to get a pic up,but don't hold your breath.As I have said at all my job interviews "my only fault is that I'm a perfectionist",so it might take a while. . . .

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 02:20:39 pm »
'just had a look at my 'Max Decals' sheet of IAC stuff and the one model it doesn't list is the CM170!

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 02:53:28 pm »
if it's this sheet:
http://www.maxdecals.com/htmlpages/max7201.htm
there should be a Fouga on it (216)
they also have this one:
http://www.maxdecals.com/htmlpages/max7205.htm

I am looking for the last sheet 'pilot_sad'
www.fougamagister.be

Offline R.P.Y.

• View Profile
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 08:41:56 pm »
Just to clear up the Fouga colour issue, having spent many hours in Aer Lingus 'observing' the avionic upgrade, they were certainly painted aluminium when delivered and still were when I bought out in Dec. '78. Also they were still in aluminium finish on the many occasions that I saw them over the years since.

http://www.maxdecals.com/htmlpages/whatsnew.htm  is the latest updated decal sheet for the Air Corps including Fougas, Garda aircraft and Coast Guard S61.

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 06:08:58 pm »
Thanks for that, Fouga. The sheet I've got is 48-001 Irish Air Corps 1922-1997, so it's surprising that the CM170 isn't on it. I mean, it's got the Lysander and the Puma, but why not the Fouga?

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Scale model Fouga?
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 06:17:09 pm »
Hang on a minute, I've just read the acknowledgements and references section and they credit Donal MacCarron and Wings over Ireland, so maybe there will be some anomalies! Eh Tony!