Author Topic: Air Corps accomodation  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Joe0

• View Profile
Air Corps accomodation
« on: January 18, 2006, 08:40:09 pm »
I'm thinking of applying for a cadetship some time in the future and am wondering what sort of accomodation is given to newly commissioned officers?

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Air Corps accomodation
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 02:35:20 pm »
Hi there
Surely you have a more relevant question than that!! They are given a room in the Officer's Mess, which is essentially a small cell/room, attached to the main Mess building.Later, Young Officers are allowed to live "out", as long as it's close to Baldonnel.
regards
GttC

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Air Corps accomodation
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:10:25 pm »
GttC that's a good reply! You could have buttered it up a bit though! En suite bathroom, (well a short walk down the corridor in your bath robe and slippers) you can decorate the walls, (with your own posters) centrally heated, (roasting hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter)

Offline Flyboy

• View Profile
Air Corps accomodation
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:25:18 pm »
When you are at your interview and they get to the part where they ask you "Do you have any questions" you can ask them that question. Then you will have no need to worry about the standard of the officers rooms ....... cause you ain't gettin' in ...... you donut !

Offline FiannaFail

• View Profile
Re: Air Corps accomodation
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:21:34 pm »
Yea I agree, you should be willing to live in a tent if you want to be in the IAC. Patriotism my friend must come first!  :fryingpan:
FiannaFail :ireland:
Patricia Guerin