Author Topic: Recruit to Cadet?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Aerodave

• View Profile
Recruit to Cadet?
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »
Hey..
Was wondering if anyone there has any advice on whether its easier to gain a cadetship in the A.C. if you join as an enlisted man first...ive heard various stories etc but anyone have any advice or info...
Thanks..
Dave! 'thumbsup'

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Recruit to Cadet?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:52:36 pm »
Hi Aerodave
As far as I know, you get a credit of 6% of the marks for prior service in the RDF/PDF, towards your total score in the cadetship interviews.So, sign up for the RDF for 2 hrs a week.Join the PDF and you are signing a binding contract and can be sent anywhere they need bodies and I guarantee, you will encounter new levels of boredom doing guard duties and waiting around.You will also enjoy the sensation of being at the bottom of the foodchain.If you can get a cadetship on merit of being a good all-rounder, a team player and seen to be an achiever, then do so, rather than endure 16 weeks of recruit training in the hope that you might get a cadet ship.
regards
GttC

Offline Aerodave

• View Profile
Recruit to Cadet?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 01:46:25 pm »
Cheers GTTC..
Im in the RDF for a year now...really like it...
Ill (hopefully) now go to University and keep applyin for the A.C. Cadets....
Advice was very much appreciated!!
Dave.. 'thumbsup'

Recruit to Cadet?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:35:19 am »
GttC. Get a life or don't be so bitter about yours. The RDF has come a long way from that sh!t. If you are serious, take every opportunity you can. Joining the RDF will either make you interested or piss you off so much, you won't ever want to be a part of the PDF. Your choice to stick with it or not. Anyone else reading this would get completely the wrong idea. GttC be a little more responsible to the up and coming brigade, I know you have more to give than that.