Author Topic: RIAT 2007  (Read 4855 times)

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
RIAT 2007
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 05:48:50 pm »
Quote (Short finals @ 15 April 2007,21:24)
Most likely NATO will send this E-3:

http://tinyurl.com/yr83v6

...wonder where the Czech flag went  '[:sus:'
Non multi sed multa

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 10:57:44 pm »
Hi Again Vulcan!!!

Thank you so much for the info you sent earlier!!

I had a prior engagement on sat  & that was the reason for the Sunday visit .
But now I may be able to go on Sat instead ,and stay overnight,

I have provisionally booked a b+b just in case!
last flight from bristol was 2210 so I might have been cutting it a bit Fine!!!!

Thank you once again for you help
I really appreciate it !!!

Joey1 'thumbsup'
May You Be In Heaven Half an hour before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:49 am »
No Problem Joey, any time.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it no end and I reckon it won't be your last RIAT once you've been for the first time.

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 02:54:41 pm »
Hi Vulcan

Was browsing U-Tube and checked out RIAT 2006 came across this footage of the Russian MIG 29 OVT doing it’s thing!!!
He was throwing that jet around like a kite using “Vector Thrust”
I presume you were there to witness the action in the flesh!!

Hope to see it maybe this year
I wonder if most of the pilots display on both days?  
 Here's the link in case your interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBArj74na3k

Joey1

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:30 am »
Joey

That was one of the highlights of last years show, the way he threw that mig around the sky was amazing.  I doubt if he will be back again this year as last year he was at Farnborough air show and that is a more of a trade show and they are really looking for sales as that aircraft was a protatype and the only one of its type in the world.  Farnborough is only on every 2 years.  Another great display last year was the Swiss F-18 hornet.  It is  basically the same flying program both days.  I went for both days last year and again this year and I'm glad I did as the airfield open to the public is almost a mile and a half from end to end and packed full of static air craft and trade stands.  With 8 hours of flying each day the second day came in handy to look around the static stuff.  The tickets are a bit on the steep side but you certainly get your moneys worth.  

Even though the Mig won't be there this year there maybe other Mig 29s, also the word is out that there might well be a couple of Indian SU-30 Flankers there one doing a flying display as the Indian AF are in the UK at around that time doing an exercise with the RAF.  That will be a highlight if they are there and a rarity that you wouldn't see too often.  Also I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they actually get the Avro Vulcan air worthy and flying as my father worked with them when he was in the RAF and I can remeber them when they were in service.

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 01:24:27 pm »
Hi Vulcan

An airworthy Vulcan Wouldn’t that is something Cold war jets that are in flying condition are now as rare a rocking horse droppings.

It would be a wonderful sight to see the likes of Vulcan or even Hanley Page Victor at RIAT

Air show Organizers have to be careful about sophisticated aircraft like the Vulcan,
Id say it would be difficult nowadays since most if not all pilots who flew the Vulcan are either retired, or have passed on and a Vulcan isn’t a jet that you just jump into straight from from, say a Jaguar GR7

Did you ever get up close and personal to a Vulcan cos from looking at footage it look enormous
And do you think Displaying the Vulcan at RIAT 2007 Is a possibility ?!
 'pilot_grin'

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 02:21:03 pm »
I think that there is a better chance of getting a Vulcan this year than there has been in the last few years where they have been hoping for it but due to funding and mechanical set backs it hasn't materialised.  The Vulcan in question is XH558 and there web site is Vulcan to the sky ,They have two airshows provisionally marked in, Waddington and RIAT.  The first offical appearance is planned for the Falklands 25th annaversary flypast in London in June.  The first test flight was due for april but now seems to have been put back to late May.  I was up close to a few Vulcans when I was young and they looked huge but I was at the RAF Museum in Hendon North london a few years ago and they have one there and it didn't look quite so big.  It is still a sizable bomber but it has been barrel rolled, so it was very manoverable.  It has a very distinctive throaty roar on take off from its Rolls Royce Olympus engines (same as Concord used).

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 05:43:14 pm »
Joey1

I have PMed you, did you get it?

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 10:00:59 am »
Quote (Vulcan @ 23 April 2007,08:43)
Joey1

I have PMed you, did you get it?

Whatever is is i didn't get it could you explain more?
Sorry for confuison

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 10:31:30 am »
Joey1

If you go to the top right of this page and you see "your messages" there should be 2 messages there..

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 02:22:47 pm »
Hi Vulcan

I got  it Ok!!!!
Thanks!!!

joey1  'thumbsup'

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 07:47:49 pm »
Indian airforce are sending 2 SU-30MKI Flankers and an IL-78.  I believe the flankers will be static only, but they will still be something to see!

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 08:36:09 pm »
Hi vulcan!

This just keeps on getting better!  And its just April  

I'm gonna need plenty of memory sticks for my camera Just to get through the static display alone!!!!

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »
I now exactly what you mean.  It's an awful shame that one of them isn't flying, especially if you look at the way the russians can throw them around the sky, just look at this link.  Getting to see them at all is really something though!

Flanker

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2007
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
Hi Vulcan

Awesome!!

“Flat Spinning the SU-30 was amazing

I’m Confident we’ll see a similar display by who ever attends this years display

Isn’t The RIAT known to have some surprises on the day?
Who knows since the US Military/Navy are celebrating their 60th anniversary, other military states attending the show like the Indians with their Indian SU-30 Flanker, may well try to steal the lime lite after all, isn’t the whole point of RIAT is to show off the capabilities of individual military states whether it be ground /air /or sea .
You witnessed last years Show/s (lucky You) I’m sure that this year won’t be any different Hopefully!
 'thumbsup'