Author Topic: Rome plane spotting  (Read 702 times)

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
Rome plane spotting
« on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:01 pm »
Have never seen one of these before, so you can imagine my surprise when landing at Rome Ciampino airport and there were at least 8 - 10 of them on different locations all over the place.
On my way back I tryed to take at least some half decent pictures, but what you can do when shooting through the greasy glass of shuttle bus/ryanplane...
Don't know what is the "civie" one though

Non multi sed multa

Fouga

Rome plane spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:10:47 pm »
Nice catches, Fire Aircraft, they scoop up water and drop it over fires and the Italian Air Force Government VIP Transport Airbus, well done.

'thumbsup'

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Rome plane spotting
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00:57 am »
FiSe,

SOREM / Protezione Civile currently operate 15 CL-415, a further 3 have been lost to accidents, latest 23rd July 2007. Have code/reg tie ups for most but not that last one, 24. Will pass that on to Freightdog, he has most of them photographed I think.

Not all of them are stationed at Ciampino, 2 normaly kept at Genoa.

SOREM also have a number of older CL-215's, some of which were operating in Greece earlier this month. Two are on lease to the Istanbul Fire Service. Another one, I-SRME was W/O 4th October 2007, Lake Durusu, Turkey.

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
Rome plane spotting
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:16:35 am »
Thanks
There was turkish flag/marking on one of them, so it would explain this puzzle I had about it.
Unfortunately didn't get a chance to photograph it.
Non multi sed multa

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
Rome plane spotting
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:12:02 pm »
Very nice pics, great catches, well done. 'applause'

Offline FiannaFail

• View Profile
Re: Rome plane spotting
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:37:55 pm »
The last time I fly into Ciampino, August 2007, the IAC Government Jet was parked there. Major world meeting of the FAO (UN) meeting taking place at the time.  :ireland:  Everytime I fly into Ciampino there areusually a good supply of Italian Air Force aircraft.  However you will always see a better selection at the nearby Practica di Mare  airbase.  Ciampino always makes me think how opening the Don to civilian aircraft might benefit our beloved aerodrome?
FiannaFail
Patricia Guerin