Author Topic: Irish Helicopters Ltd. Photos of fleet.  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Blue Monday

• View Profile
Irish Helicopters Ltd. Photos of fleet.
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:26:24 pm »
Can anyone help with photos of the following helicopters that flew with Irish Helicopters Ltd down through the years. I need the information on their markings for possible inclusion on a proposed decal sheet for scale modelling. Any help will be gratefully received or if you can point me in the direction of someone who might be able to help, I would really appreciate it. The helicopters I am interested in are as follows;
1. EI-AKT - Hiller UH-12E
2. EI-ASW - Bell 206A
3. EI-ATO - SE3160 Alouette III
4. EI-AUI - SE3130 Alouete II
5. EI-AVI - SA316B Alouette III
6. EI-AWB - MBB BO-105D 'Yellow Scheme'
7. EI-AWC - SA318C Alouette II
8. EI-AWK, -AWN, -BAM and -BRE - Bell 212s.
9. EI-BDI - MBB BO-105C 'with Radar nose'
10. EI-BFH - Bell 212 'Papal Visit' markings.
11. EI-BIY and EI-BKG - Bell AB47G-3B-1Ts
12. EI-BLD - MBB BO-105 'Old paint scheme'
13. EI-BTE - MBB BO-105D
14. EI-BMP, -BXQ and -CAF - Bell 206 Jet Ranger.

Its a big list but any photos of any of these helicopters will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Blue Monday.  :ireland: :thumbsup:

Offline Blue Monday

• View Profile
Re: Irish Helicopters Ltd. Photos of fleet.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »
I have a few questions about some of the Irish Helicopters fleet. If you have any knowledge on these helicopters, please share.

1. Can anyone confirm if the markings on the Alouette II EI-AWC and Alouette III EI-ATO in the early all-white paint scheme have their lettering in black or dark green. It is hard to tell from the picture below of the Alouette III but it looks to me like the stripes and maybe the "Irish Helicopters Ltd" text are in dark green and the registration is in black lettering.

2. Did the Bell 212 EI-BAM have its registration repeated in white lettering under the nose? EI-BFH did but I'm not sure about -BAM. Also, did the Bell 212s have an emergency liferaft fitted inside the front left main cabin door for off-shore flights?

This is a long shot but if anyone can answer any of these questions, it would be a big help. Thanks.

BM.  :ireland:

PS. The Hiller EI-AKT was flown by a company based in Shannon in 1958 onwards and was not connected to the company set up in Dublin in 1968. The Dublin-based Irish Helicopters did operate a Hiller FH-1100 EI-ART in 1968-1969.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:38:10 pm by Blue Monday »