Author Topic: 'Ireland and World Aviation' book - swop or sell?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Silver

• View Profile
'Ireland and World Aviation' book - swop or sell?
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:56:37 pm »
Hi guys!

I was just doing a bit of a spring clean and have decided to part with an Irish aviation book 'Ireland and World Aviation - The complete story' Compiled by Liam M. Skinner and Tom Cranitch.

I'm not sure of the year of printing (I doesn't list it anywhere in the book?), but judging by the six-digit Dublin phone numbers listed in various adverts in the book (and 'telex' numbers:D) I'm guessing it dates from the mid-to late '80's. The foreword is by An Taoiseach, Charles J Haughey.

The book is paperback, 184 pages and in excellent condition. Colour covers with the remainder mostly black and white. Includes 13 pages on 'Military Aviation in Ireland'. 

I thought I would mention it to you guys before I post it on eBay or elsewhere.
I'm open to offers, or would consider a swop for Air Corps prints or patches.

Silver.

Offline Alouette

• View Profile
Re: 'Ireland and World Aviation' book - swop or sell?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:24:50 pm »
Hi,

If you haven't got rid of the book yet I would be intrested in buying it from you, I will offer $15.00US.

Thanks
Gerry Brennan

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 06:01:18 pm »
Hi Alouette,
Apologies for my late reply. I have decided to hold onto the book for now...might be able to swop it for something Air Corps-related down the line, e.g. print or patch etc.
Cheers,
Silver.

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:57:22 pm »
Apologies Gerry and Silver but I did not want to interfere with this potential deal but in my humble opinion, I would suggest that  it is not worth having, historically speaking.
Tony K