Author Topic: Bray Air Display 2009  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Whiskey Section

• View Profile
Bray Air Display 2009
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:54:52 pm »
I see the Gnat Display team have been confirmed for the Bray Airshow.  Gnats of course where the first aircraft used by the Red Arrows up until the late seventies.  Would I be right in saying the Gnat has never been seen in Irish skys (down south anyway) before??  Hopefully more will be added to the line up which is already looking good, The Blades have also been pencilled in.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:34:17 pm by Frank »

Offline Silver

• View Profile
Re: Gnat Display Team for Bray
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »
Are the Air Corps displaying at Bray Airshow this year?
No mention of any AC aircraft on the airshow website?!

(Personally speaking, I wouldn't be interested in going if no AC aircraft are involved) 

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 06:57:16 pm »
Air Corps involved? Anybody know?

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »
Nothing from the Air Corps as of yet I'm afraid...
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Whiskey Section

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:48:28 pm »
Silver, your wish has been granted. A formation of PC-9's, Cessnas, a AW 139, EC 135, Casa and the Black Knights have just been confirmed.  Shaping up to be a good one.

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »
Excellent!!!:) Ear's must have been 'burning' in Bal?!;)
Bray here I come!

Now if only they would do a couple of high speed fly pasts in the PC-9's (to show people what they are capable of) ??? (or indeed a solo PC-9 high speed fly past)! :airforce_cool:

(The average person at Irish Air Shows/Displays think the AC only have "slow planes" ...it's been said to me many times?!)

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:56:24 pm »

Now if only they would do a couple of high speed fly pasts in the PC-9's (to show people what they are capable of) ??? (or indeed a solo PC-9 high speed fly past)! :airforce_cool:

(The average person at Irish Air Shows/Displays think the AC only have "slow planes" ...it's been said to me many times?!)

Ahem, max speed of PC9 is 593kph/368mph/320knots (take your pick!).  That's not most people's idea of "high speed" when it comes to aircraft  :airforce_shock:

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
Re: Bray Air Display 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:07:29 pm »
The Pc-9s are fast enough when they fly low level. Solo display of one is very impressive.  Hopefully they will do a good display this year. EC135 will do a brilliant display as always.  :airforce_rolleyes:

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 08:47:00 pm »

Ahem, max speed of PC9 is 593kph/368mph/320knots (take your pick!).  That's not most people's idea of "high speed" when it comes to aircraft  :airforce_shock:

Ok...so the PC-9's are not quite in the same league as fast jets ...but it is still impressive to the average person to see one doing a 'high speed' pass at low level. I'd bet you the majority of people at Bray would think/say "cool!" if a PC-9 did a couple of 'high speed' passes ...myself included!  :airforce_cool:

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »
Having said that - in an ideal world - I'd love to see an armed PC-9 doing a firing display out at sea at an Irish air show...to let people see that we actually have armed aircraft. However, I know such a display will probably never happen...for various reasons. We can live in hope though! :airforce_grin:

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 09:11:07 pm »
Well...what was the show like??
I didnt get to go after all! (..was offered 13hrs Sunday overtime which I couldnt refuse!)

PC-9 solo or team display?
Much coverage on news reports, in the papers ?

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:20:52 pm »
Show was very good for a free one !!! Pc-9s did a 4 ship formation with a Pc-9 breaking away from the formation at the end and doing a very good solo dispaly. The Ec135P2+ did a very good display as well as the bladeseddie goggins and the s300.  :airforce_laugh:

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »
Ye can try this link lads http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0726/bray_av.html  or have a look on YouTube. There are a few small clips on that