Author Topic: Air Corps Pics  (Read 1035 times)

Offline JC

• View Profile
Air Corps Pics
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:31 pm »
Hi everyone. I am new to this so please be patient with me! I have being going through my dad's old negatives and slides and scanning them. Everything frorm the 70's till the present day already exists in photo form, so I thought it was time to bring the 50's and 60's material out to the see the loight of day. Some of the photos from that period have been developed, but the vast majority has not, until now. They are an even mixture of monochrome and colour. Every Air Corps plane from the 50's and to the present day is in the collection. For the older enthusiast I have monochrome photos of Spitfires,few in number unfortunately and the Anson 141 in flight. There are pics of the the Vampires arriving in Baldonnel in July '56.There is plenty of Doves, Chipmunks Vampires and Provosts in flight also. He also took some of the flying films produced at Baldonnel in the late '60's. Ifanyone is interested I can post up some if anyone wants. I have also discovered a photo oftwo Doves in formation, wiich I believe is rare. I have also a found quite a few of Are Lingus planes from this period at Dublin Airport, including DC-3's, Constellations, Viscounts, F-27's and 1-11's in colour. I have included a couple of Air Corps Dove and Chipmunk as a taster. Let me know if anyone wants to know more.

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Re: Air Corps Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:06:08 pm »
Hi JC,

I think I speak for most if not all the people who use this forum when I say "we'll have the lot please!"

Feel free to post whatever pictures you have, welcome to the forum too!

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline JC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:21:53 pm »
Thanks Frank, just give us a chance to get them scanned! I forgot to mention I have colour and monochrome photos of the Congo airlift in 1960 at Baldonnel.

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »
More please JC  :applause:

Joe

Offline IAS

• View Profile
    • www.geocities.ws/irisharmoredvehicles/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »
Definitely more please.

IAS

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »
Nice to see Chipmunk 168 in the air, and great to know that it is still with us in the museum.
Thanks JC for the pics and (hopefully) for what is yet to come.
Tony K

Offline JC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 05:15:04 pm »
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the kind words you sent me during the week. I wasn't sure that anybody would think they were up to standard. I am still trying to sort everything out, including the computer! So it will take me time to get it all sorted. In the meantime I have put up some more to see what you think. I have included a colour photo from the Congo airlift of 1960 and a colour shot of a SE-5 replica from the flying films in Ireland era. The other two don't need any introduction, I am sure. I hope you enjoy these and will put some more up when I can. Thanks.