Author Topic: Hatzerim Air Base, Israel, June 24th & 26th, Smokin' pictures....  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
Hi Guys,

While most of you chose to go to either the KLu Open Dagen or the Tiget Meet I made the trip to Hatzerim AFB in Israel to attend a pair of graduation ceremonies at the flying school, one ceremony was hels on Tuesday 24th June and the other held on Thursday 26th June.

Conditions were tricky as most of the flying took place between 6.45pm and 7.30pm, sunset in that part of the world being 7.45pm so lighting was very low. Some of the pictures have a slight grainyness to them due to the fact that I was trying to get a good balance between shutter speed and aperture, this resulted in iso settinge of between 320 and 500.

One of the unique aspects of the Israeli Air Force graduation ceremonies is the live fire demos, AH-64's firing their chain gun, Cobra's firing TOW missiles and F-16's dropping dummy bombs, pictures of all 3 types of demo are below.

Personally I'm happy with the pictures, lighting conditions conditions made things hard, some of the fast jet shots were taken at 1/400th sec and 400ISO, but overall I'm pleased. I had considered hanging up my camera as over the last few months I (in my own personal opinion) couldn't take a decent flying shot, Israel was make or break for me and I'm glad to say I've decided to stick with the photography for a while longer.

All comments, good or bad, are appreciated.

Enjoy,

Frank.

Although this picture is blurry and heavily cropped and won't win any awards I included it just so you can see the bombs leaving the F-16

IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Stanly

• View Profile
Re: Hatzerim Air Base, Israel, June 24th & 26th, Smokin' pictures....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:53:18 pm »
Fabulous shots Frank - nice to seee that the IDFAF are actually allowing cameras on to their bases at last. Keep clicking for another while................. :thumbsup:

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:54:52 pm »

Some of the pictures have a slight grainyness to them due to the fact that I was trying to get a good balance between shutter speed and aperture, this resulted in iso settinge of between 320 and 500.

Dont worry about it, I think their great. I know its expensive but why not save a few quid and convert to the darkside(excuse the pun) and get a D3, no problems with grain there!!! :thumbsup:

M

Offline Fouga23

• View Profile
    • www.fougamagister.be
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:11 am »
Great pictures Frank! God, I miss them :) You might need ear protectors, but it still sounds like music to my ears! :biggrin:
Belgian Air Force Fouga Magister
www.fougamagister.be

Offline Snapper

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
Frank

You continually set the bar very high for the rest of us mere mortals - what an awesome selection of shots!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Snapper