Author Topic: Airshow 100 Punchestown 6-7th june 2010  (Read 9720 times)

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
Re: Airshow 100 Punchestown 6-7th june 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 06:25:55 pm »
I doubt the UK MoD will disnband them...they are such great ambassadors for the RAF/UK.

It was only a couple of years ago that the MOD were on the verge of disbanding them.  A huge response to a Downing Street petition seems to have been their saving grace.

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »
Oh...didnt know that!

Maybe we should start a petition to get The Silver Swallows up-and-running again?!;)

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 11:54:03 am »
Oh...didnt know that!

Maybe we should start a petition to get The Silver Swallows up-and-running again?!;)

What a good idea ;D

Offline airbusa320

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »
Still no tickets on sale for Airshow100, wonder whats happening as the ticket site says not for sale.Its hardly a great way to get people to go to the show  and not leaving themselves  much time to sell the tickets?

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 02:53:48 pm »
Oh...didnt know that!

What a good idea ;D

Talked to a solder just got back from Kosovo (after the reopening of European airspace) there currently is a recruitment ban and this probably was the last tour of duty for the Irish contingent in Kosovo the same may be said for the IAC  :ireland: ???

My point is……

Wasn’t the Silver swallows formed to entice young cadets to the Corp as with most Formation teams their primary role is to promote careers in the air forces and represent their countries.

So now with cutbacks the order of the day the chances of the Silver swallows reforming would be pointless (in the Minister of Defence eyes that is!)  :banghead:

Anyway I always felt that when we had a 3 or even 4 ship formation of PC-9s at Bray Airshow for instance, that they should be called the Silver swallows  :buttrock:

The IAC PC9s haven’t been confirmed (Officially) for Airshow 100 which is  disappointing   :down:

I’m all for the petition ,  :thumbsup:

May You Be In Heaven Half an hour before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Offline airbusa320

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 04:52:57 pm »
I see the 4.25 at Punchestown today was the"aIRSHOW 100"race  Lets hope the airshow is sill going ahead even though the tickets have been off sale for the last week or so? 

Offline joey1

• View Profile
Re: RIAT 2010
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 11:36:10 pm »
Just wondering If there is going to be a shuttle bus service provided ?

Offline Baldonnel-boy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 07:05:23 am »
Just wondering If there is going to be a shuttle bus service provided ?
  With just over 5 weeks to the shows date and no tickets on sale i dont think a shuttle bus will be required... Also the price they were charging is a bit steep considering the fairly small display line up.... I think i will save the money for RIAT and if the show does go ahead i'll be finding a nice field near by to see the display from... :thumbsup:

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:16 pm »
I assume the will be a parimiter set up for that reason. to ensure that ticket holders and local residents will only be allowed near the vicinity so bring binoculars!

The BBMF are sending a Dakota despite not on the lineup. there's still enough time  for additions    justa note of caution Baldonald Boy ! You have RIAT 2010 as a reply tn this Thread which is a bit confusing  and good luck on your field trip :-) LOL

Offline Baldonnel-boy

• View Profile
Re:Airshow 100 Punchestown 6-7th june 2010
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:02 pm »
I assume the will be a parimiter set up for that reason. to ensure that ticket holders and local residents will only be allowed near the vicinity so bring binoculars!

The BBMF are sending a Dakota despite not on the lineup. there's still enough time  for additions    justa note of caution Baldonald Boy ! You have RIAT 2010 as a reply tn this Thread which is a bit confusing  and good luck on your field trip :-) LOL
Are you for real???

RIAT 2010 is only on my reply because you posted it first when asking about the shuttle bus.....  :duh:

And  as for the perimiter set up to keep people out of the surrounding countryside...  i never saw one during all the air shows in bal and i wont expect to see one at punchestown...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:32:12 pm by Baldonnel-boy »

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2010, 01:44:45 am »
Please accept my humble apologies BB :duh:

Don't  know how I manage to do that maybe it was because i posted it on my Mobile phone and didn't see it
sorry :fryingpan:

I seem to be putting my foot in it as of late  :duh:

I don't know Punchestown that well' and after Air Spectacular 2000 I've only gone to free Airshows in Ireland Bray/ Salthill/ Portrush

I see your point about Baldonnel' not much could be done there i suppose especially with the M7 nearby a good spot if memory serves me

I personally like to be close to the action but on the other hand I dread being stuck in a traffic jam so parking at a nearby field maybe the way to go  :thumbsup:

apologies again for earlier mixup Baldonnel Boy

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:49:22 am by joey1 »

Offline airbusa320

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 06:57:44 pm »
Does anybody have any information about Airshow100?  Im just wondering will it go ahead as it seems the organisers had relied on the Red Arrows to bring in the crowds and as soon as they had to pull out the tickets were taken off sale ?

Offline joey1

• View Profile
Re: Airshow 100 Punchestown 6th-7th june 2010
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 09:00:41 pm »
Could be the reason

Has any other member tried the    Irish Aviation Authority, or even The National Aero Club of Ireland . Maybe they can shed some light.  Airshow Websites are typicaly slow in updating but a lot may be going on behind the scenes just a matter of "Wait n See"  i suppose! 

Offline airbusa320

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2010, 07:29:14 pm »
Airshow100 is CANCELLED , just got e-mail from the ticket agents stating that event is cancelled due to the Red arrows pulling out. Same old story with them was really looking forward to the event .

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:16 pm »
Shame, but one act doesn't make a 2 day air show !! :thumbsdown: