Author Topic: Airshow 100 Punchestown 6-7th june 2010  (Read 9718 times)

Offline R.P.Y.

• View Profile
Re: Airshow 100 Punchestown 6-7th june 2010
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 03:44:27 pm »
A lot of time and effort went into organising this show, pity it now has to be cancelled. I'm sure the organisers are even more frustrated than those of us who were looking forward to attending.
Maybe next year?
Or maybe another location!!  ;)

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2010, 02:20:36 pm »
Shame, but one act doesn't make a 2 day air show !! :thumbsdown:

I agree! Surely they could have continued without The Red Arrows (or have gotten a replacement act..though I know this may have proven difficult this 'late in the day') ?

Is it too late for the 'powers that be' in Baldonnel to consider hosting the show there (a more appropriate venue imho considering its a 100th anniversary show) ?

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2010, 02:51:07 pm »
What a shame the show is cancelled, looks like Portrush will be the biggest aishow in the country once again.Maybe the Air Corps could participate in the Airshow there this year, saying it is the 100th year of flight here?
above and beyond

Offline airbusa320

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »
Still no update on the web-site. And as others have said one display act dosent make a two day air show. There is some thing strange going ?

Offline Baldonnel-boy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 08:33:41 pm »
Web site has now been updated...... :thumbsdown:

http://www.airshow.ie/default.aspx

Offline Whiskey Section

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 10:23:27 pm »
This fiasco reads like the Mach 1 farce of a couple of years back.  To think the last recession of the 80's could be considered the golden age of airshows in Ireland with successive Air Spectaulars being held at Baldonnel.  Maybe going forward lessons can be learnt from these show's-get a headline act from another airforce other than the RAF, Patrouille De France for example.  The Reds are amazing but have been seen so many times now on these shores. Hold the show at an airfield -maybe one of the numerous  regional airports throughout the country. A greater mixture of participants, from fast jets to classic warbirds.
Remember how Air Spectacular opened in 1987-several low flypasts by the Aer Lingus 747-fantastic.  This could have been a good opener for the illfated Airshow 100; with an Airbus A330 buzzing the fields of Kildare-oh forgot about the horse fraternity

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2010, 01:54:35 pm »
Shame, but one act doesn't make a 2 day air show !! :thumbsdown:

I agree! Surely they could have continued without The Red Arrows (or have gotten a replacement act..though I know this may have proven difficult this 'late in the day') ?

Is it too late for the 'powers that be' in Baldonnel to consider hosting the show there (a more appropriate venue imho considering its a 100th anniversary show) ?

I agree :thumbsup:

Baldonnel hosting any event seems to be a taboo subject

"The powers that be" should have taken over the organisation of this event along with IAA a long time ago
for instance :

• Baldonnel should have  a lot of controlled airspace with no interference from any outside "brown envelope brigade" :banghead:
  • I presume foreign military aircraft visit Baldonnel on a regular basis for whatever reason meaning good foreign relations  so that fast jet you love so much could be just a phone call away  :biggrin:

IMO a big opportunity was missed to host a very large scale Airshow given the fact that well....... some of us might not get to celebrate irish aviation's 200th Anniversary   :rotfl:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:57:17 pm by joey1 »
May You Be In Heaven Half an hour before The Devil Knows Your Dead