Author Topic: Irish Air Corps Cadetship Advice  (Read 1271 times)

Offline John F

• View Profile
Irish Air Corps Cadetship Advice
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:53:22 am »
All,

I havent posted on this forum in years !

I am 22 years of age now, applied for the air coprs 2007 cadetship but I didnt get the minimum Leaving cert results required for the cadetship.

Attended Carlow I.T for 1 year (07/08) studying for a Higher Cert in Avionics. Dropped out as I was awarded a Civil Cadetship with a large airline. The sponsorship was ended (recession) and I returned to Ireland to work in the Hotel Industry. August 2010 I made the decision to go back to third level education (Hotel Management) and get my Level 8 degree so I can hopefully apply again for the air coprs if a comp is run in 2014/15/16. After that I wont be able to apply due to the age limit.

My degree is very much so leadership based and I hope this will shine through when I do apply for that dream job of been able to serve my country as an officer in a few years and flying the nations flag !

As Im in college, what can I do to prepare for my application in a few years ?
In the mean time, I enjoy using my private pilot licence and soaring over galway skies  :airforce_cool:

John

Offline huge_dave

• View Profile
Re: Irish Air Corps Cadetship Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:28 pm »
Hey John,

If i can remember correctly, If you have a degree the age limit is raised to 28 for you  :rock: :rock:

Maybe if somebody else can back me up on this though?

Dave

Offline John F

• View Profile
Re: Irish Air Corps Cadetship Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:41:38 pm »
Thanks huge_dave.

Im aware of the age limit, so 2016 is my last chance of applying !
John