Author Topic: Airfix 1:24 scale Air Corps Hurricane  (Read 2611 times)

Offline I Will Yeah

• View Profile
Airfix 1:24 scale Air Corps Hurricane
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »
Hi all,

For those who hadn't heard, Airfix have released a 1:24 scale Hurricane Mk.1 kit with Air Corps markings.
It's a bigger version of 105 as previously released (and much debated here!) in 1:72.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

IWY

Offline aw139

• View Profile
Re: Airfix 1:24 scale Air Corps Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »
hi i will ya yes i mentioned this last week on the site you can purchase the model in hanleys toy store in dundrum town centre its looks like a great model to was very happy to see the irish air corps decals coming with the model as i mentioned in my notifcation i had to go in the model shop beside pearse street garda station to but my decals hope to see some more in the future............ :airforce_wink:

aw139 :ireland:

Offline I Will Yeah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »
Hi aw139,

Thanks for the reply.

I had read your post last week and thought you were referring to the Airfix 1:72 scale Hurricane which was released over a year ago. That was the first kit to be released with Air Corps decals and was also Mk. 1 serial no. 105.

The new kit is 1:24 scale and I can't wait to make one! Much has been made of inaccuracies in the suggested colour scheme, but I simply don't mind small errors, if there are any!

Congratulations to all concerned who assisted Airfix.  :applause: :applause:

IWY

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:20 am »
hey aw139 would you ever use full stops commas and capital letters in you posts it gets irratating trying to read your threads and i am reaching the stage where i dont want read them you seem to be able to use urls and post offical news items when you want to get my drift?
gnat
(i sting)

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »
Post Removed

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:12:55 pm by Frank »

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:33:12 pm »
Unacceptable on any forum but perhaps you should have directed it at a Mod first before publishing?

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
You are probably correct Tempest, but on the other hand I was thinking that the other forumites should have any idea as to the type (s) using this forum. Any way Frank has removed it but perhaps some people saw just what he said.
Cheers
Gnat
(I sting)
PS Has Frank any comments to make, am in trouble ?

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 10:49:57 pm »
Well Lads,

So much for it being the season of goodwill and all that...

Tempest is right Gnat, you really should report abusive threads or PM's to me instead of posting them directly on the forum however the PM that aw139 sent to Gnat was unacceptable, just because you don't like what someone says doesn't give you permission to send them abusive messages.

But as for the point that Gnat was making about punctuation and capital letters, I'm afraid have to agree... text without punctuation, whatever about not capitalising letters, is very hard to read and sometimes it has to be read more than once before understanding what it means.

Rather than simply just getting your message out there and forgetting about it after that, please read what you have just written, use the preview button, and think to yourself about the other people that are going to read your post.

Seeing as it is the season of goodwill and all that, and no formal complaint was made by Gnat, I'm going to let this slide, but please just do me a favour, all of you, BE NICE!

Gnat, you're not in trouble, but report things to me in future rather than post them on the forum

As for the other users on this board, please be considerate to other users by:

• Using punctuation, capital letters where appropriate, and refrain from using "txt speak" in the forum
  • If you have an issue with any post please contact me or use the report post button before sending abusive private messages or reposting said messages on the forum
  • Be courteous, a little manners go a long way, we are a very small community and the less people you alienate the more information you may be able to A) find out, and B) share

Regards,

Frank.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »

Gnat, you're not in trouble, but report things to me in future rather than post them on the forum
Regards,
Frank.

Phew! That was a close one eh......................but I am making a complaint....... OK!

Cheers
Gnat
(I sting)