Aviation Videos & Photography > Aviation Photography

Night Photo's

(1/3) > >>

corkspotter:
Good evening all,

As you can see from my recent uploads i've started trying some night shots, mainly out of pure boredom as nothing happening down my way. I've now started using a tripod instead of chancing my arm handheld with 800 ASA and 1600 ASA. My most recent shot uploaded is of EI-SLG taken at 100ASA with an 13 second exposure at f/s 11 with an automatic white balance on the camera set at tungsten light.

Does anyone out there have any tips or point in the right direction for that perfect night shot???

Regards,

Paul

Machlooper:
Hi Paul,
          Your going about it the right way. I shoot manual at 100 ISO and adjust the shutter speed and aperture on the internal light meter. May I suggest you shoot RAW and use the eye-dropper tool in PS to fix the WB.
This shot is 100 iso and 13 secs @ f/8 (I think, off the top of my head)....

Grumman S-2F3AT Turbo Firecat - Click here for larger image

corkspotter:
Thanks very much for the reply Pat,

Will give it a go later.

Regards,

Paul

corkspotter:
Hey Pat and all.

Thanks for tip earlier. Having shot in RAW fir the first time tonight, is there any special way of editing the RAW file or do I edit as normal. I'm in a completely new area now. Just opened my Photoshop and it opened the duke completely different!

Regards,

Paul

corkspotter:
Fecking auto spelling, that was meant to say opened the picture completely different!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version