Author Topic: Jarlath Conerney (ACAS), RIP  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
Jarlath Conerney (ACAS), RIP
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:45 pm »
A legend and true gentleman passed away today.
You will be sorely missed Jarleth.
May you RIP
 :bowdown:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:23:05 pm by Machlooper »

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
Re: Jarleth Conerney (ACAS), RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »
It was an honour for me to have known Jarlath for the past 40 years.It was while I was on one of my visits to Baldonnel that I first met him when he was a sergeant in Fighter Squadron on Vampires and from that time he was the same warm friendly Jarlath. Later when he was an instructor in the Apprentice School I often made a visit to his office for a chat and catch up.The news was a shock. Rest in peace Jarlath Conerney, good friend.
Tony K. :( 

The attached picture was taken just before he retired, The O.N.E. group at the museum with Michael Whelan, Curator, and myself paid him a surprise visit to wish him well, little did we know this was to happen.

Offline Ascot 1960

• View Profile
Re: Jarlath Conerney (ACAS), RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »
Just a brief note about Jarleth

It was sad to hear the news of the passing Jarleth Conerney.  I only met Jarlath a few times normally in the company of Tony and Jarleth was an absolute gentleman.

During the early 1990s I made a radio documentary for RTE radio one with my brother to mark the 25th Anniversary of the first moon landing, as part of the documentary I interviewed Jarleth about the Apollo space programme which he had an encyclopaedic knowledge. He turned out to be a corner stone of the documentary. I listen back to the programme today and the passion in the man’s voice about his subject is just wonderful at least his time on this planet was not wasted. Rest in peace Jarleth and thanks for your time.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:04:00 pm by Ascot 1960 »

Offline Machlooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:51:57 am »
A tribute to Jarlath which I have permission from his family to place on his grave.

RIP friend...

Offline corkspotter

• Screener
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »
Thats a very nice tribute, alot of effort put into it. I'm sure the family will be delighted with it.

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 12:43:09 am »
That's fantastic, well done Pat and that is HIS Vampire 191. A lovely gesture. Thanks Pat.
Tony K  :applause:

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 12:03:27 pm »
Ascot is there any chance you can put a link to that interview anywhere? Would love to hear it. Missed it at the time.