Author Topic: 38th Air Corps Apprentice Class 40 Year Re-Union  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
38th Air Corps Apprentice Class 40 Year Re-Union
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »
38th Air Corps Apprentice Class. 38 years this Sunday lads. Where did all the years go? Seems like yesterday we were walking in the gates and down the hill for the first time. On the menu was Killer's bacon, cabbage, spuds, white sauce and burnt custard and prunes!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:03:24 pm by Claudel Hopson »

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
Re: 38th Air Corps Apprentice Class 40 Year Re-Union
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:39 pm »
Hi Lads. Dessie and me have spoken and think this kind of sounds like a plan.

Re-union date Friday 30th May.

Meet up in local hotel about 11, head to the Don, mass for our missing at 1230, tour of the camp, very few left who will know us! Head back to NCO Mess for about 4 for a few, travel back to hotel around 6, few more and bit of food, either bar food or whatever people want, then if anyone wants to head into town they can, or just want to stay in hotel for the night, up to them. Breakfast at a reasonable hour, not 0645 and NO feckin kippers! After that we'll just play it by ear.

I've ran this past Charlie and Paddy and they think its OK. If any of ye have any ideas, lets hear them. Dessie, Paddy, Charlie and myself will go check local hotels in Saggart and Newlands Cross and get rates and idea of food. We just need an idea of who's coming. The more that come, the better deal we'll get.

So if any of ye can get in touch with any of the lads can ye do it and get them to get in touch with us.

PM me on this or on Facebook.

Knew I forgot something, wives, girlfriends, partners etc can come. You know you'll get no peace if you leave them at home!

Offline mickptre

• View Profile
Re: 38th Air Corps Apprentice Class 40 Year Re-Union
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:13 am »
Hi Mick,

Sound really nice, at present I feel I can be counted in. Im not on Bookface or anything like that Mick so I would appreciate if you could continue communication with e-mail

Regards Mick

Mick Treacy