Author Topic: IAC Dauphin Interior Details  (Read 3916 times)

Offline HKP

• View Profile
IAC Dauphin Interior Details
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:13:36 pm »
Hi,

I am planning on building a scale model IAC Dauphin and am looking for details of the interior arrangement which was typically used on SAR missions, including:
 - number and direction of seats
 - equipment carried (e.g. stretcher, basket, wire/bolt cutter)
 - was protective sheeting used (as shown on French Dauphin at Primeportal.net, see links below)
http://data4.primeportal.net/hangar/pierric_boudehen/sa-365n_dauphin_2/images/sa-365n_dauphin_2_222_of_322.jpg
http://data4.primeportal.net/hangar/pierric_boudehen/sa-365n_dauphin_2/images/sa-365n_dauphin_2_270_of_322.jpg

While there are many exterior photos of the IAC Dauphins (especially on this site), there seem to be very few photos of the interior.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or photos.

Best regards,

Paddy 

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
Re: IAC Dauphin Interior Details
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »
Hello,
Is this the type if information that you are looking for?
Tony K

Offline helidoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »
The Pictures are not of the SAR aircraft.  Where the Fwd facing seas was a utility panel with lots of pockets to store different gear.  The rear crew sat in aft facing seats behind the Pilot.  I think the life raft was beside this seat can't be sure. The stretcher was a fold up job held in the cargo hold I think. long time ago

Offline HKP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:37 am »
Tony,

Thanks for posting the photos - that's the type of photos I'm hoping to find.
My understanding is those big blue plush seats were the VIP configuation, which seems in line with Helidoctor's comment.
Even if it is the VIP config, there is still good information in them (e.g. bracket on the side wall, and rear bulkhead details). If you have any more interior shots I'd be grateful to see them.

Helidoctor,

Thanks for your information.  Although it was a long time ago, can you recall how many seats were carried in the rear (2,3 or 4).

Best regards,

Paddy

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
You are welcome Paddy.
I know that the pictures posted are in VIP configureation, most of my early pics are as slides. I am hoping that Santa will replace my sick scanner.
The seating was more or less canvas in the rear.Have you decideed which Dauphin you are building? Following the sad demise of D248 at Tramore the four remaining each had the name of one of the crew killed at Tramore painted on the upper engine cowling. You might like to consider that.
I expect nothing short of a masterpiece! ;D
More pics to follow.
Tony K

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 07:12:26 pm »
A few more

Offline helidoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 05:12:08 pm »
There were only one pair of canvas/troop style seating behind the pilot facing aft.  I should remember more as the configuration was changed on nearly a dail basis.  Mind you the amount of gear the carried changed after the tramore accident when they reviewed the amount of gear they were carrying versus the fuel, the aircraft was nearly always at max gross

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 10:49:39 am »
Well, I guess that was a waste of time and effort :(
Tony K

Offline HKP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »
Tony and Helidoctor,

Sorry for the slow response to your excellent posts - I've been travelling in the run up to Christmas.

Tony - I'm tending towards one of the two 'naval' Dauphins (244 or 245) with the harpoon. Time period will be early 2000's as I'd like to add both the 75th anniversary logo and one of the 248 crewnames.  I'll be using the MaxDecals set. As for a masterpiece - unless Santa drops one in my Christmas stocking, it may be a little that level.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Paddy.