Author Topic: RIAT 2013  (Read 3441 times)

Offline joey1

• View Profile
RIAT 2013
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:02:43 am »
Taken from the "Air Tattoo" home page

Visitors planning to attend next summer's Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, who purchase their tickets before January 7, will enjoy a saving of up to £14 on the price of admission.

Special Super Earlybird tickets go on sale this week (November 19) for next summer's event, which takes place on July 20-21.

In a bid to keep tickets as affordable as possible for its many supporters, we have decided to cap the price of the Sunday admission ticket, adding just £1 on to the 2012 admission price. This means that a Super Earlybird Sunday ticket will be available until January 6, priced just £30.

This compares with the £35 cost of a Super Earlybird Saturday ticket.

Between January 7 and April 3, Earlybird tickets will be available priced £40 for the Saturday and £35 for the Sunday.

After April 3, the standard advance ticket will go on sale, priced £45 (Saturday) and £40 (Sunday). Each order after April 3 will be subject to a £4 admin fee.

The Air Tattoo's Head of Marketing Helen Webb said: "We've introduced the new pricing structure to reflect the growing number of people who are looking for extra-value in these challenging times.

"By introducing specially-priced Sunday tickets and enabling all accompanied under-16s to come in for free, visitors can enjoy one of the UK's greatest outdoor events next summer at an extremely competitive price."

The Royal International Air Tattoo 2013 will bring together air arms from around the world in a celebration of aviation excellence.

Helen added: "Last summer's Air Tattoo was a great success with new aerobatic display teams taking part, stealth aircraft and three new countries participating. We're planning to match all that excitement with an equally thrilling airshow in July." :buttrock:

Would Make a Great "Christmas Present"  :biggrin:

May You Be In Heaven Half an hour before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
Re: RIAT 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
First confirmed aircraft. Colombian Air Force KC-767 Jupiter Tanker/Transport.

It's started !!  :applause:

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:19 pm »
First confirmed aircraft. Colombian Air Force KC-767 Jupiter Tanker/Transport.

It's started !!  :applause:

Hi Vulcan

I know it's a bit early to get excited but ! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

The Air tattoo Website are Hoping for a repeat of the success of last year The"Brize Norton Heavies" may make a welcome return too  plus the RAF are planning to invite Typhoon Sqns from around the world too !

And it's only January ...... :applause:

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:32:57 pm »
Just confirmed at midday :

Brazilian Air Force

Embraer R-99   2 Sqn of the 6th Aviation Group   Airborne Early Warning Control    :buttrock: :applause:
Lockheed Martin KC-130H   1st Transport Group   Tanker

South America heading the charge this year !

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 04:49:06 am »
3 Royal Navy Helicopters for static

Sea King AsaC Mk7 :applause:

Sea King HAR Mk5 :applause:

Merlin HM Mk1 :applause:

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 04:52:27 am »
Vulcan XH-558 maybe the last time to get too see this Old Bird grace the skies at RIAT 2013 :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Offline Vulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 02:13:15 pm »
frustratingly slow this year with the up dates, sign of the times I suppose and I'm sure that everyone concerned is doing their best to provide the best show possible. I suppose as it stands it would be a superb show any where in Ireland. I'm still going whatever turns up, everything booked and paid for.

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 03:01:31 am »
frustratingly slow this year with the up dates, sign of the times I suppose and I'm sure that everyone concerned is doing their best to provide the best show possible. I suppose as it stands it would be a superb show any where in Ireland. I'm still going whatever turns up, everything booked and paid for.

Sadly have to give this years RIAT a miss and sadly it  may Vulcan's last year  on the display scene 

I think the team at Douglas Badder House Ae gonna have a very tough time repeating last year's excellent show 
Cutbacks world wide are having an effect on many airshows

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 06:38:00 am »
If you want Vulcan action you can always go to the Newcastle (Co. Down) Festival of Flight on August 10th, along with the Reds, Typhoon, F-86 Sabre, Miss Demeanour, etc, etc...
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »
Yes I seen the home page it's becoming a jet fest this year and Vulcan was just announced during the week

it's starting to put "Portrush" in the shade I'm planning on putting a post up this week end  with links to the site
So i'll get to see VULCAN after all   :buttrock:

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »
Two exciting additions to the flying display

Red Bull P-38 Lightning (F) :buttrock:
Red Bull F4 Corsair.        (F) :buttrock:

Offline joey1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 08:41:38 pm »
Just wondering if any member have any comment to make about this years RIAT From an Irish traveling prospective  ???