Author Topic: Fire Power Demonstration -  (Read 890 times)

Offline Silver

• View Profile
Fire Power Demonstration -
« on: November 22, 2003, 07:00:16 pm »
In the current edition of An Cosantoir, there is a large poster showing many action photos from the 'Defence Forces Equipment Display and Fire Power Demonstration' which took place recently at Coolmoney Camp, Glen of Imaal, County Wicklow.
Included in the poster are 4 shots of Alouette 195 & 211 taking part in the displays - with troops absailing from 211 in one shot !

Incidentially, the poster also shows the first (publicly displayed) photos of the new L70 Anti-Aircraft Guns and Flycatcher Radar systems.

Fouga

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 11:27:56 pm »
Yeah i have that poster proudly displayed in my room! Were ( A,B,C,D Coy 25Inf Bn) giving a Guard of Honor next sunday for smithy @ 10:30am in Dun Ui Mhaoiliosa. They have gotten rid of the heli pad in the barracks to make way for a New mess, which he is opening on the day. The Barbados soccer team are also staying in the Barracks.

I hate Guard of Honor's!  ':p'

Offline Imshi-Yallah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 10:48:51 am »
I think that its pretty pathetic of the publicity section to only produce that one poster with its miniature photographs.
There should have been maximum exploitation of the event, a video for career fairs/guidance services, a multimedia web presentation and a special edition of an cosantor mixing extensive coverage of the open day with articles on the operational and training exploits of the equipment in its service so far; as well as a strong hint of future needs and potential.
‘The hottest place in hell is for those who are neutral’
Dante Alighieri

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 06:33:50 pm »
Good point, Imshi. I would also have liked more pics and info.

Fouga

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 11:52:40 am »
Excellent point imshi, that is what is needed