Author Topic: RAF Valley aviation society photo-call.  (Read 422 times)

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
RAF Valley aviation society photo-call.
« on: August 02, 2005, 02:00:39 pm »
This event will take place on Thurs 11 Aug and our PC-9's and AIII's are due to attend along with aircraft from all over europe (and Japan!! USAF F-15's from Kadena airbase on a bit of a world tour!!). B1B lancer is also due to do a flyby .

Offline Irish251

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:14:22 pm »
I hope the event lives up to the promises.  Previous ones, which I have attended fell a good bit short in terms of promised invitees showing up.  Also, the apron where the photocall aircraft park is well away from where the based Hawks operate from, so photos of them are not easily obtained on the day.

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 11:32:26 pm »
I won't be going but I read today that the Japanese based F-15's will not be attending.
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com

Offline P.Doff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 04:23:18 pm »
Unfortunately this event was hampered by mist and low cloud which saw foreign visitors diverted to alternate airfields except for the good aul aircorps whose Dauphin ,then PC-9 trusted in their intstruments and rode the ILS to the runway and where given a great welcome for their efforts. The USAF B1B did make an appearance but chose only to do one slow run with a full power climbout even though the weather was rapidly improving.
Still, from what I hear the Aircorps have made a friend for life with RAF Valley and the Valley aviation society so good on the lads for making the effort!!

Offline Guinness

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 09:26:41 pm »
any pics availible guys?

Guinness ':cool:'
Guinness is good for you