Author Topic: AIR CORPS VIDEO  (Read 1011 times)

Offline RMR

• View Profile
    • NONE
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:34:20 pm »
Boys,go check out the video of the pc9's air firing...it on IMO taken from youtube......F*****g  awesome 'thumbsup'  'thumbsup'

Offline Shamrock145

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 04:15:55 pm »

Fouga

AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:19:31 am »
Yes they are amazing! 'buttrock' Every shot was a direct hit, these guys know their stuff!

Offline RMR

• View Profile
    • NONE
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 07:25:19 am »
Well said bigwillie,a few guys i work with who used to take the piss when hearing we had aircraft that actually had guns were soon shutting the f**k up after being shown these clips !!  Living close to the firing range at gormo i usually stroll over for a gander when the firing is on always wondering why nobody has filmed this stuff properly and thrown it up on the net for people to see the capabilities of the aircraft.Well done to all involved in the making of these clips.Its a treat to see the in-cockpit stuff.Any day i was up there they were always splashing the target and you might even get the odd victory roll at the end of the day!! Even the good old days of marchetti and fouga firing would have made good footage..and those boys didnt have the fancy HUD's 'pilot_cheesy'
Hey Fouga,what about the one over on imo on not having the skills to take off together !!.... 'pilot_laugh'

Fouga

AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 02:38:06 pm »
Quote (RMR @ 08 Mar. 2007,22:25)
Hey Fouga,what about the one over on imo on not having the skills to take off together !!.... 'pilot_laugh'

Ya that guy is a tool how could he even say that about the AirCorps 'banghead'  Idiot.

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:01:26 pm »
Feel sorry for him really, not having seen four Vampires or four fougas take together.
Tony K

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:15:32 am »
Hi all
Less of the sneering, Fouga.The guy on IMO held his hand up and admitted he wasn't aware of the Air Corps carrying out formation take-offs.People are allowed not to be in the know, just like many of the aerosexuals I met over the years passing thru the Don, who were often quite ignorant of many,many aspects of the Air Corps and the DF.
RMR, I assure you that the DF promotes itself quite heavily, towards school-leavers and the three services spend a great deal of time and money going around to schools and colleges, trade shows, public events etc. touting their wares and getting the message out.They could be forgiven for making a few slight mistakes in a promo video.Every careers-guidance teacher recieves regular supplies of promo bumpf from the DF and will send out officers and NCOs to schools upon request.There probably isn't a student of Leaving Cert age in the country who hasn't seen at least one presentation from a DF person.
Apart from that, the Fougas and Marchettis were just as accurate with less-capable weapons and sighting systems.Better still, watch any air warfare programme on Discovery or the History Channel and you'll see more impressive firepower displays.
regards
GttC

Offline Delta72

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:04:44 am »
At the RDS Higher Options show a few months ago there was a TV set up at the Air Corps stand with the formation flying video playing, i distinctly remember the music (Foo fighters)! Was kick ass and got alot of students attention! 'pilot_shocked'  'buttrock'

Offline Flyboy

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 01:13:35 pm »
Hi, Has anyone got any "stills" as I cannot access youtube from work.

Offline RMR

• View Profile
    • NONE
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:26:38 pm »
hi gttc,
           I never said they didnt promote themselves,i meant good footage like the ones we've seen there for people like ourseleves to view and show to the doubters !! I remember well the fougas and marchettis firing and as i said above,those boys were accurate without the hud's ,but my point was the pc9 vids were the first ive seen of that sort of footage ....as for other firepower displays,ive seen plenty.....the a-10 being a personal favourite !!

Offline Hess

• View Profile
AIR CORPS VIDEO
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:16 pm »
Are we missing a post by "Sealion"?  'pilot_rolleyes'
"There is no reason why the poor and wayward should not experience the full effect of air power" - Hess 2005