Author Topic: Charlie 7 is home  (Read 1788 times)

Fouga

Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 01:10:27 am »
Apparently the only one too, had a nice chat with him and his family at the Airshow after party he was sitting at my table.

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 03:08:44 pm »
Comdt Jim Gavin also flew in the Avro for a few lessons in the week before the Family Day

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 07:36:13 pm »
Great news, Tony, and thanks for sharing it (and the photos)with us.
Hey Claudel don't you remember the Avro when it was in service? (Only joking-auld sweat!)

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 10:50:52 pm »
Thanks John,
Are you coming over for the Alouettes stand down on the 21st?
Tony K

Offline Flyboy

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 01:49:08 pm »
What is planned for the 21st ?

Offline pilatus

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:33 pm »
Is it invitation only for the stand down?would love to be at if i could get the day off work!
above and beyond

Offline John K

• View Profile
    • MSN
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 07:04:26 pm »
HI Tony, I'd love to get over for the stand down but I'm on a 767 course at the moment and it finishes the week after the 'do'. I hope you've got an invite! I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 07:19:28 pm »
Yes John I will be there and will get some pics for you no prob.
Tony K

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 07:20:17 pm »
Hi all
There are at least three individuals in the Don who hold current, active tailwheel endorsements, one Officer( a Don pilot) and two NCOs.All three fly taildraggers outside the Don and one of the NCOs probably has a thousand hours on taildraggers of all shapes and sizes(including Chipmunks)but sadly, being a mere mortal NCO, he could never officially fly C7....there is no such thing as a seperate tailwheel rating, merely an endorsement attached to one's Single-Engine Class rating.
C7 was given to it's postwar owner because the Government had lost the owner's Spartan rudder, which they had taken to ground his aircraft in 1939.A friend of mine got to fly in it after the Emergency because a tail of a shirt was used to patch a hole in the elevator fabric.
I wonder does the bould RJ hold a valid tailwheel endorsement, given him by a qualified instructor? 'pilot_wink'
regards
GttC

Fouga

Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 12:01:36 am »
Frank you better be at the standdown for lots of Pictures!!!

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Re: Charlie 7 is home
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:56 am »
Does anyone have a link to an article about this story?  Would love to read how it all came about.

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 10:28:55 pm »
Had a very welcome chance to view C7 up close today & took this shot of the cockpit interior.

It was the second time that I have seen the aircraft, the first was early 1970's, when it was in a shed at the back of George Flood's house, after he recovered it from Clark's Sawmill, Cloughjordan. 

Struggling against the effects of decades of beer drinking now, but I think Tony Kearns was also there that day (standing by to be corrected) ! 

Great to see this old girl in such stunning condition & receiving all the TLC required from the experts.   :applause:

Joe

Offline Tony Kearns

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:19 am »

Struggling against the effects of decades of beer drinking now, but I think Tony Kearns was also there that day (standing by to be corrected) ! 

Great to see this old girl in such stunning condition & receiving all the TLC required from the experts.   :applause:

Joe

Sorry Joe I was not there at George's house, looks like the "Alka Seltzer" is kicking in ;D. Did not see the complete aircrat until it came out of the container at Baldonnel. I have to agree it is in stunning condition.
Tony K

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 06:42:18 pm »
Sorry Joe I was not there at George's house, looks like the "Alka Seltzer" is kicking in ;[/quote]

You are not the first to suggest that Tony !  Shay was definitely there, I think Liam B was as well but cannot remember who the 4th gouger was !!  :duh: