Author Topic: "The Big Skin" RIP  (Read 806 times)

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
"The Big Skin" RIP
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »
Just to let ye all know Peter "Big Skin" McManus passed away either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. He was brought to Arbour Hill Church this evening and his funeral is Saturday morning with burial afterwards in Newlands Cross cemetary.

A nice gentleman who always spoke nicely to people, even if you were a "Young Lad!"

May he rest in peace.

Offline cygnet

• View Profile
Re: "The Big Skin" RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:26:24 pm »
Too true Peter was a gentleman in the truest sense of the word and a very sad loss to all who had ever met with him

RIP

Des

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:25:04 am »
Hey Cygnet.How are you since the last time I was talking to you. Hope things are well with you and the family. We must meet for a pint or dozen.

Offline cygnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 03:45:32 am »
Claudel,
would love to meet up for a few ! a dozen not so sure but Ill try away at the momemt will try and talk when I get back
cygnet

Offline Claudel Hopson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 12:29:37 am »
Hey Cygnet. That would be great as long as you don't introduce rationing! Black 74-76 was enough thanks. I could round up Charlie Sack and Paddy O'N if the wife lets him go! Hitler and George would be game as well if you want to go that far. Maybe Calla, Hick and Dr Bob if you really wanna push the boat out. And to defy death Barrett would kill for a piss up. Nearly a class re-union now!

Offline GoneToTheCanner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:35:53 am »
Hi all
God rest him.He was a gas character in the real sense of the word.I remember one of his favourite pranks was to grease car doorhandles.A decent skin and always obliging and friendly.His annual "turn" as Santa was always highly regarded by the families.Did anyone save his famous belt, with all the cap badges on it?
regards
GttC