Author Topic: Security Incident right now at LHR  (Read 2063 times)

Fouga

Security Incident right now at LHR
« on: January 08, 2010, 11:15:29 pm »
Just after happening, on Sky News ( TV Not Internet yet ) Armed Police have removed 2 suspects from a flight.

Will post links when available on net.

Fouga

Re: Security Incident right now at LHR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »
Airport remains open, it happened on an Emirates Aircraft

Fouga

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 11:29:05 pm »
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Heathrow-Airport-Security-Alert-On-Plane/Article/201001215517515?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15517515_Heathrow_Airport%3A_Security_Alert_On_Plane

Breaking News11:24pm UK, Friday January 08, 2010
Security Incident At Heathrow Airport
Ian Collier, Sky News Online

Police are attending a security alert at London's Heathrow Airport.

One passenger told Sky News armed police boarded a flight, believed to have been bound for Dubai, and took a man off in handcuffs.

Cameron McLean said: "Police just swarmed the guy and rushed him out.

"I think he was a white male. There was another one but I didn't see him."

He said the man was taken out in handcuffs then sniffer dogs were brought on board.

An airport spokesman said: "I can confirm there has been an incident on the EK004 flight to Dubai.

"Police are attending. It's not affecting the rest of the airport which remains opens."

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White said what appears to be C019 armed response officers boarded the flight.

More follows...

Fouga

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:41:18 pm »
Sky dont miss a beat do they!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Heathrow-Airport-Security-Alert-On-Plane/Article/201001215517515?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15517515_Heathrow_Airport%3A_Security_Alert_On_Plane

Breaking News11:36pm UK, Friday January 08, 2010
Cops Board Heathrow Jet After 'Verbal Threat'
Ian Collier, Sky News Online

Armed police have boarded a plane at Heathrow airport and are believed to have arrested two men after a "verbal threat", according to reports.

Passenger Cameron McLean said: "Police just swarmed the guy and rushed him out.

"I think he was a white male. There was another one but I didn't see him."

He said the man was taken out in handcuffs then sniffer dogs were brought on board.

An airport spokesman said: "I can confirm there has been an incident on the EK004 flight to Dubai.

"Police are attending. It's not affecting the rest of the airport which remains opens."

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White said what appears to be C019 armed response officers boarded the flight.

The incident comes amid heightened tension at airports across the world in the wake of the botched Christmas Day bombings.

Extra bag checks, body searches and on board regulations have seen travellers in London wait up to three hours before taking off.

Former London student Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, 23, made his first public court appearance earlier facing charges of trying to ignite explosives on a US airliner over Detroit.

Authorities say the Nigerian as travelling from Amsterdam to Detroit when he tried to destroy the Northwest Airlines plane carrying nearly 300 people by injecting chemicals into a package of explosives concealed in his underwear.

He is alleged to have links with al Qaeda.

Judge Mark Randon entered a not guilty plea for Abdul Mutallab, who could face up to life in prison on the most serious charge - attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.

Offline CK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 07:53:41 pm »
They said today they believe the 3 men to be english and white. With one of the men in his 60`s, another in his 50`s and the last in his 30`s. It is believed there was a hoax bomb threat.

Offline FiSe

• View Profile
    • Airbrusher & The Real Kustom Painter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »
Are yis sure they weren't Slovaks  :police:
Non multi sed multa

Offline CK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »
You never know. :airforce_undecided: