Should Lootenant Pigeon Be Banned ?

Ban LP
9 (52.9%)
Dont Ban LP
6 (35.3%)
Give LP A Chance
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Would You Ban Lootenant Pigeon ?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
Would You Ban Lootenant Pigeon ?
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:38:05 am »
Frank informs me on another thread that I am the " most complained about poster in years " and that some people have asked for me to be banned. Heres your chance to have your say. I must state that I find it INCREDIBLE that anyone has this attitude. I also find it amazing that Im some kind of bete noir and the worst in years.  I will take Franks word for it though. I have written nothing deserving of a ban. I have asked legitimate questions, made some suggestions and mentioned the North. So what ?

Debate is healthy, democracy is healthy. Whats wrong with some of the people on this board ? Is reality too much for yous ? I have still to reveal my proposal for the AC Jets. I also feel we should have these jets regardless of Primary Radar considerations. I will continue to say this and I will outline my proposal in a new thread. Thats if Im allowed to... :airforce_rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:39:41 am by Lootenant Pigeon »

Offline Joe McDermott

• Screener
    • View Profile
    • None
Re: Would You Ban Lootenant Pigeon ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:13:01 am »
"Frank informs me on another thread that I am the " most complained about poster in years " and that some people have asked for me to be banned. Heres your chance to have your say. I must state that I find it INCREDIBLE that anyone has this attitude. I also find it amazing that Im some kind of bete noir and the worst in years.  I will take Franks word for it though. I have written nothing deserving of a ban. I have asked legitimate questions, made some suggestions and mentioned the North. So what ?
"

Lt P,

It's great that you are preparred "to take Franks word for it", and that you are giving us all this chance to have our say. I suspect that many of us will repent now that you have put us streight. I, for one will now sit back and quietly wait for you to reveal your proposal, which I think you should apply the working title of  "Fatima Three".    :duh:

Offline Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 07:43:35 pm »
I certainly dont think you should be banned. I may not agree with a lot of what you have to say but you are perfectly entitled to say it all the same. If nothing else you are 'livening' things up here on the forum (which has been on the quiet side for a long time imho)

I thought you had already put forward your 'jet proposal' in a previous thread??!

Offline huge_dave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:31:23 am »
I don't think LP should be banned either. I look forward to what he has got to say, but, I dont like the waiting around so can u please tell us about your plan LP  :smile:

Also, the people who said they want him banned.  :chillpill:

Dave  :airforce_cheesy:

Offline Broc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »
I don't think he should be banned either. He is as entitled to his opinion as the rest of us. Besides, every forum needs a 'Simon Cowell' figure to stir up some debate. Who knows, for every 5 jedwards we might get 1 girls aloud! :fryingpan:

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 08:48:03 pm »
Thanks Lads. Im on the piss today so I will post my plan tommorrow. Drinking is one of my weaknesses unfortunatley. CK, I want to bring my family down to Baldonnel in May. How do I go about it ? Im willing to meet any and all forum members at that point, if anyone wants to meet me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:49:48 pm by Lootenant Pigeon »

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 02:44:58 pm »
CK, I want to bring my family down to Baldonnel in May. How do I go about it ?

By Boat via China
Gnat
(I sting)

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:48:05 pm »

You will  be easier talked to when I get the Air Corps 10 new jets. :airforce_laugh: We will get 8 ALCAS and two Gripens, cos Bluefox is right we need a couple of real interceptors. I love them Gripens man !

Offline Gnat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:58:17 pm »

You will  be easier talked to when I get the Air Corps 10 new jets. :airforce_laugh: We will get 8 ALCAS and two Gripens, cos Bluefox is right we need a couple of real interceptors. I love them Gripens man !

You have been at the Sherry bottle again.
Gnat
(I sting)

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 07:13:06 pm »
That's not sherry Gnat, that's full-blown meths! :yikes:

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:50 pm »
You should change that profile picture of the PC-9 if your not hapy with what the air corps have right now. Where's the money for these jets gonna come from?

Offline bluefox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 07:33:04 pm »

Eh, I never said that the Air Corps needed interceptors since that would be frankly a ridiculous proposition for this country right now financially and totaly pointless to our particular security enviroment in any case.

If anything I think that the Air Corps should become more of a focused helicopter support arm exculsively for the army's use while having the rest of it's civilian functions outsourced to private agencies as it makes no sense for the Dept. of Defence to have to foot the bills for non defence related matters. The Air Corps has been a jack of all trades since it's inception and this needs to be adressed particularly now since the rest of the Defence Forces has reinveted itself over the last 10 years with little financial support from our current pathetic government. In terms of value for money the Army is one of the best public services we have at the moment and the Air Corps should really be following suit.

I don't think you should be banned as it's a free country but I do think you should educate yourself more as you are coming across like a 15 year old with your current mentality. If you want to visit Baldonnel just pick up the phone and call like the average adult does.

Offline Frank

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.irishairpics.com
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »
C'mon lads, gimme a break, I'm stuck in the UK cos of a bloody volcano....

This thread can only go down hill from here. No body is getting banned just yet.

I go away for a few days and have to lock two threads while still abroad!!!
IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation photographs
http://www.irishairpics.com