Author Topic: Some Points.  (Read 963 times)

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
Some Points.
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:47:39 pm »
I see Frank locked the last thread which is why I had to start this one. I have a question, but I will get to that in a minute. Once again we have certain people having a go at me on the last thread, yous would need to grow up hi. Are you interested in having a proper Air Corps with attack capability or not ? Anyway, yes I will post pics if you so desire after the meeting with the DM.

Next up the comment about telling a politician and national security. You dont need to worry, I wont be giving the TD the details, they dont need to know, they will facilitate a meeting with the DM. I assure you all this plan is doable - even in these shocking monetary times.

I also had to laff at the chap who said Im not an aircraft consultant. Where does it say one has to be an expert to come up with a good idea ? History is littered with inventions and ideas which came from people who were scoffed at as " non experts ".

Now to my question, which on the face of it may seem ludicrous. Here it is. Would the Air Corps actually want 6 or 8 L159s when my plan is proven feasible ? I would have thought so, but maybe theres someone on here who will tell me different.  :ireland:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:49:43 pm by Lootenant Pigeon »

Offline Irish251

• Premium Member
    • View Profile
Re: Some Points.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:53:21 pm »
Even if the Air Corps was provided with combat-capable jets, I cannot see them getting additional funds to operate them, so a lot of other activities would have to be dropped.  And good luck with your plan to see the the Minister; I suspect you'll find that Ministers are a bit more discriminating than you believe about who they will agree to meet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:56:06 pm by Short finals »

Offline elmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:21 pm »
Lootenant Pigeon I have to say that I admire your persistence and whether I agree or not with what you are trying to achieve, I do hope for the best.

Offline bluefox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:42:09 am »
I have some points of my own. For someone who proclaims to be a 40+ year old teacher your grammar and spelling leaves a lot to be desired. And weren't you supposed to be a University student as well a few weeks ago?

Unfortunately the only way you will ever see a fighter aicraft in Irish Air Corps service is if you manage to either build a time machine and go back to the 1940's or start World War III in mainland Europe sometime.

Offline heligaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:41:50 pm »
I hope your not an english teacher, ( its laugh not laff)  :fryingpan:. Secondly the country is not going to buy jets just because you think its a good idea, its time you started to use your brain and realise this.  :duh:

Offline CK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 04:48:39 pm »
I admire your comittment to go this far with seeing the minister. But him trying to get the money in the next budget will be impossible.

Offline Lootenant Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:09:48 pm »

I WAS a student at one time but NOW I am a teacher Bluefox. These picky and childish comments about grammar are ridiculous. Its a message board, not a dissertation FFS ! Anyway, thanks for the good wishes lads. An interesting comment by Short Finals on the operational costs. However those can easily be factored in. I have to say that my plan WILL require some political will on the part of Government but it can be done. Also I expect no difficulty whatsoever in seeing the minister, I have a very good friend who can pick up the phone and talk to the Taoisoch ( sp ) in the space of 2 minutes.

Also, do any of you know of any TDs who ARE suppportive of an expansion in military capability ? I would not pretend to be an expert in Southern politics, hence my question. If there are a few TDs who would be interested perhaps a lobby group could be formed. Also, I am fully aware that the economic landscape is dire and that this would seem to be the worst time to put forward a proposal of any sort, nonetheless, I feel this plan will work. Cheers all.  :airforce_cheesy:

Offline DMR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »
Heligaz, not to be pedantic, but it's you're (not your) I agree with your point but it was quite funny when I saw you correcting LP!