Author Topic: Registration marks  (Read 275 times)

Offline thurian

• View Profile
Registration marks
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:54:49 pm »
I take it there are no international standards regarding the type or size of font that airlines must use for their reg's?
Some of the North American airlines are the worst offenders with reg's which are almost impossible to read from 150-200 metres (AA being the absolute worst!). Also, is there no requirement to show the reg on the underside of the wing? I was staying in London back in June and was under the flightpath into Heathrow but couldn't ID most of the US stuff cos they'd no reg displayed under the wing though I think Lufty don't display underwing either?

Offline Broc

• View Profile
Re: Registration marks
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:31 pm »
Seems to be up to individual countries. I remember the standard Irish regulations being set out in S.I 52 of 1992 (I think???). it lists the requirements for national flag and reg position. If im not mistaken, recall it listed 'EJ-***' as the continuation once the 'EI' prefix are all allocated.

Offline thurian

• View Profile
Re: Registration marks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:05:24 am »
Hmmm, I suppose if the boom had kept going for a few more years we would have been into EJ- pretty quickly with all the R44's being reg'd to builders. EJ-ITS should be reserved for the next govt jet. :banghead: